CLIMATE CHANGE ADAPTATION MANAGER (CCAM)
Reports to the National Programme Coordinator (NPC) and have close with close working relationships with the Zonal Programme Officers.
The Climate Change Adaptation Manager (CCAM) will lead all climate change related activities of GASIP, including (a) implementation of subcomponent 1.3 of the Programme; (b) knowledge management related to climate change resilience and adaptation. The CCAM will work closely with the Zonal Climate Change Adaptation Officer in the northern zone and all programme stakeholder groups, particularly the Environment Unit of MOFA, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Ghana Irrigation Development Agency (GIDA) as well as any relevant consultants of climate change that may be recruited.
Duties and Responsibilities shall include:
• Lead Climate Change strategy development of the Programme; ensuring the integration of recent experiences of RTIMP and NRGP on climate change adaptation in the Programme Implementation Manual (PIM) and the Annual Workplan and Budget (AWPB).
• Integration of climate change adaptation activities into programme implementation; especially value chain development and infrastructure development.
• Collaborate with MOFA Environment Unit and EPA, organize awareness programmes and develop training materials on climate change and adaptation for training of Farmer Based Organizations (FBOs), Value Chain Committees (VCCs) and other relevant stakeholders.
• In collaboration with MoFA Environment Unit build and manage environment and climate change information systems.
• In consultation with MoFA, FBOs, District Assembles (DAs), and Identify, develop and support pilots in value chain development in the field of conservation farming and water-efficient irrigation technology.
• Provide technical support to MOFA Environmental Unit in the areas of Climate Smart Agriculture.
• Undertake any other responsibility that will ensure smooth and effective implementation of the Programme.
Qualification Required & Experience
• At least a Masters’ degree in relevant area of study (e.g. plant breeding, environmental science, Land and Water Resources Management);
• At least 10years of relevant work experience in the design and implementation of climate change interventions/programme or the development and testing of climate resilient crop varieties;
• Background in a consulting role or research.
• A thorough understanding of issues relating to Climate Resilient Agriculture and Climate Change Adaptation
• Knowledge of / experience in conservation agriculture practices would be an advantage.
• A solid understanding of public policies, development approaches with a focus on participatory processes, market economy management and gender issues.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and proven ability to engage multiple partners and stakeholders
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• Demonstrated ability to train and build capacity of others
• Capacity to produce coherent and persuasive reports
• Good team player and good communicator
• The position will be on a contract basis for two (2) years with the possibility for extension depending on satisfactory performance and availability of funds.
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Click Here To Apply Online
25 July, 2018