AGRIBUSINESS FINANCE SPECIALIST
Reports to the National Value Chain Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
Lead and manage all efforts and activities under Component 1.2 (Rural Financial Services), with the aim of meeting all Programme targets relating to this component. These responsibilities include:
• Working closely with the Value Chain Manager in designing, overseeing the roll-out and evaluating the impact of financial institution incentive grants to buy down transaction costs and risks associated with agricultural finance;
• Facilitating and/or designing training and technical assistance activities for financial institutions to improve their ability to expand lending to agribusiness, including overseeing the work of financial sector training subcontractors;
• Working with the Value Chain Manager to design financial models to increase access to finance for agribusinesses.
• Facilitating, together with the Value Chain Manager the activities of selected agricultural finance consultants to provide financial services to agribusinesses to finance their operations
• Working with PFIs to access cheaper funds to support agricultural enterprises
• Assessing the performance of PFIs in the value chains of GASIP
• Managing and monitoring the project investment cycle to ensure appropriate performance by investees, and provide continuing strategic input and technical support;
• Supporting linkages with similar Government of Ghana and development partner projects to leverage these for additional impact;
• Build and maintain strategic linkages with a wide range of stakeholders including: government ministries, departments and agencies; banks, microfinance and other private sector financial service providers; businesses providing services to these; and NGOs and other organisations contributing to agricultural and rural financial sector development;
Ensuring that appropriate monitoring, evaluation and communication activities are being conducted on all aspects of the rural finance services work plan.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Master’s degree in either business administration, international finance, international development, agricultural economics, or related field;
• At least eight years of progressively responsible work experience in finance, preferably within the agricultural sector in Ghana
• Familiarity with funding related issues facing the development of the agricultural sector in Ghana;
• Have a good understanding of financing rural enterprises under donor funded projects;
• Strong financial analysis and risk management skills;
• Capacity to operate effectively with Farmer-Based organisations
• Familiarity with the similar projects in Ghana with “matching grant” components
• Familiarity with local Business Advisory Groups
• The position will be on a contract basis for two (2) years with the possibility for extension depending on satisfactory performance and availability of funds.
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Click Here To Apply Online
25 July, 2018