Posted by Ghana Jobs as Mining / Petroleum
Newmont Ghana Gold Limited and Newmont Golden Ridge Limited, subsidiaries of Newmont Mining Corporation, one of the would’s gold mining companies, are seeking to recruit qualified and experienced persons for the following positions at its Ahafo operations and Akyem project respectively:- Chief Metallurgist 121435
The successful candidate will report to the operations superintendent.S/he will be responsible for all metallurgical functions in the Akyem process plant.
• Manage the Management Operating System (MOS) for the Metallurgy section on the processing plant
• Responsible for accurate metellurgical accounting practices, laboratory and reporting. Improve and develop metellurgical accounting practices
• Keep current with mineral processing technology and the practical experiences of other operations
• Perform audits on metallurgical practices, correct and implement permanent solutions
• Accountable for the planning of mill relines based on wear rates and the timely availablity of critical wear components
Qualification Required & Experience
Technical skills, Education/ Training & Experience
• A first degree in Extractive Metallurgy or similar
• Strong technical skills in metallurgical practices
• Highly skilled in Microsoft Excel/Word/Projects.
• 10 years experience in metallurgical methods/processes
• Excellent in project management and communication skills
The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
How To Apply For The Job
Qualified candidates should please create a profile and apply at the Newmont website:
However, if you do not have access to an internet resource, please send your CV and cover letter to the address below:-
The Human Resource Manager,
Newmont Ghana Gold Limited,
PMB Airport Post Office,
Closing Date: 14 January 2013
Please indicate the job applied for on the envelope and in the subject line of the email. Apply through the website is preferable.