Posted by Ghana Jobs as Human Resources / Admin
Scope & General Purpose:
Leads and provides functional expertise to the Authority in setting Human Resource strategy and objectives that will provide a high performance culture. Emphasize quality, productivity, goal attainment and the development of a continuously improving superior workforce.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
• Ensure the development and review of HR Strategy in line with the corporate Strategy.
• Translate strategic human resource plans into recruitment plans by establishing and leading the standard recruiting and hiring practices, policies and procedures necessary to recruit a superior workforce, interns and National Service Personnel.
• Design and implement cost-effective Organizational and individual learning and development activities that address the Authority’s learning and development needs.
• Implement the Authority’s Performance Management System (including annual appraisals) and collaborate with Director Legal & Administration in the resolution of performance related challenges and counseling of employees.
• Ensure the preparation and update of the Authority’s organizational charts and ensure the maintenance of up to date job descriptions for all job positions as required by Management.
• Determine and recommend excellent employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employee-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation while meeting Legal, Social and Authority standards.
• Ensure the implementation, review and improvement of the Authority’s HR policies and procedures as well as implement the Authority’s compensation & benefits policies, in line with government/legal regulations and prevailing wage rates aimed at employee satisfaction and retention.
• Ensure the effective management of HR Information systems for ease of access and retrieval.
Qualification Required & Experience
• 1st Degree
• 7 years, hands-on, post qualification HR experience, 5 of which must at Senior HR Management level
• Proven ability in Organizational Development and Change Management
• Knowledge of practices, principles and procedures of human resources management including recruitment, Learning & Development, Performance Management, Employee Relations etc. and knowledge of the labor Act
• Proven people management skills, conflict resolution skills
• Communication and inter-personal skills
• Proven team leadership
• High level of integrity and impartiality
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should:
• Download and complete the application questionnaire from the job advertisement on the homepage of the NPA website (www.npa.gov.gh)
• Send your completed application questionnaire, application letter and curriculum vitae via e-mail to:
Closing Date: 01 June, 2013
Please make the subject of your e-mail “HR Manager – ‘Your Name“‘