Job Vacancy For Head of Transmission & Planning
We are looking for an experienced individual with strong transmission background to join our Network Planning team as Head of Transmission Planning in the Technology Department. (S)He will report to the Director, Network Planning and will strategize, plan, dimension and procure transmission network expansions (Microwave, Fiber & IP RAN). To maintain updated network details to facilitate planning, expansion and optimization of the network.
• Drive network transmission evolution and roadmaps in line with network strategy;
• Maintain an up to date centralized database with all transmission equipment, network configuration, etc.;
• Manage transmission performance and capacity utilization;
• Produce, maintain and implement a 5 years’ transmission expansion plan (incl. network design) supporting radio and core expansion plans;
• Responsible for Microwave spectrum planning in line with regulatory compliance;
• Ensure all transmission plans are aligned with all relevant network performance KPIs;
• Perform all transmission planning activities for radio access and core networks;
• Define all Transmission planning (Microwave and Fibre) guidelines and enforce compliance;
• Stakeholder management for effective transmission project delivery;
• Review system features and implement the selected features through the operations team;
• Monitor capacity (especially for IP RAN, International and local interconnect) and put in place the required expansion plans;
• Provide technical alternatives (new technology, other best practices) to achieve transmission requirements in a more efficient way.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A University Degree in Electronics, Computer Science, Telecommunication or related disciplines.
• A minimum of Six (6) years’ experience similar role;
• Advanced experience in fibre optic transmission;
• Strong knowledge in ISP/Telecoms transmission.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Applications & Curriculum Vitae to:
Kindly indicate the role you are applying for in the email subject.
Closing Date: 18 May, 2018
While we appreciate all interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted due to the volume of applications.
Ready to be part of our dynamic and innovative team? At AirtelTigo, we enhance the value of our employees by providing long-term growth and opportunities in an ever-evolving work environment. Our values are at the core of what we do and represents who we are; simplicity, integrity, passion, Transparency. Initiate your journey to be part of our world-class team and experience a rewarding career.