PROGRAMME INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEERS
Reports to the National Infrastructure Manager and working closely with Zonal Programme Coordinators (ZPCs), and other Zonal Programme Officers
The Programme Infrastructure Engineer (PZE) will be responsible for the identification, assessment and prioritization of relevant rural value chain infrastructure in close collaboration with District Assemblies and the relevant Government Institutions within the Central and Northern zones of the Programme.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Facilitate consultations with key stakeholders in the identification and design of infrastructure investments especially, irrigation development, feeder roads and warehouses, packhouses and processing equipment.
• Review and assess proposals for infrastructure works with regard to their technical feasibility and preliminary cost estimation as well as their relevance for particular value chain development
• Develop and review ToRs, technical design specifications and tender packages for civil works for selected infrastructure investments;
• Supervise the implementation of civil works and coordinate activities of Site Supervisors in accordance with agreed procedures;
• Provide technical advice to the ZPCs on the performance of contracted designers and individual technical consultants
• Critically assess achievement of outcomes and results, gather and analyze data to enhance management’s efforts towards effectiveness, efficiency and sustainability of the component
• Undertake any other responsibility that will ensure smooth and effective implementation of the infrastructure component of the Programme.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of a Masters’ degree in Civil, Mechanical or related Engineering field;
• Possesses sound knowledge of rural infrastructure especially irrigation engineering / development
• A minimum of 7 years working experience with projects on commercially relevant rural infrastructure and equipment including design, construction and supervision/operation
• Expertise in engineering design and construction supervision procedures of Ghana.
• Member of a relevant professional body recognized in Ghana.
• Possess pragmatic, creative and energetic approach to problem solving and decision-making
• Proven ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team and with the rural population.
• Capacity to operate effectively with contractors and stakeholders in the population.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and proven ability to engage multiple partners and stakeholders
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
• The position will be on a contract basis for two (2) years with the possibility for extension depending on satisfactory performance and availability of funds.
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Click Here To Apply Online
25 July, 2018