NGO / International Agencies
Job Vacancy For Zonal Project Officer
CARE International is one of the World’s leading humanitarian and development organizations. Founded in 1945, CARE has been fighting global poverty and defending the dignity of people around the world, working in over 90 countries around the globe.
CARE started operations in Ghana in 1994 and have for the past 23 years, has partnered government agencies, multinational and Civil Society organizations to undertake interventions in the areas of education, food and nutrition security, financial inclusion, women’s empowerment, governance, among others.
CARE International in Ghana is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of a Zonal Project Officer for the Ghana Strengthening Accountability Mechanisms Project (GSAM).
The Ghana Strengthening Accountability Mechanisms (GSAM) project is a 5-year (2014-2019) USAID sponsored project that seeks to strengthen citizen oversight of capital development projects to improve local government transparency, accountability and performance. CARE International in Ghana (CARE) as lead organization, in partnership with Oxfam Ghana and the Integrated Social Development Centre (ISODEC) has been awarded the Cooperative Agreement to implement Component 2 of the GSAM project in 100 Districts of Ghana over the project period with the objectives of: increasing availability of accessible information on MMDAs’ capital projects performance in 100 districts; strengthening CSOs and citizens capacity to monitor MMDAs’ capital development projects in 50 districts; and increasing the use of citizen-generated information on MMDAs’ capital projects in 50 districts.
• Oversee the effective execution and coordination of all GSAM Zonal activities Ashanti and Brong Ahafo regions. Maintain effective working relationships with colleagues at the National and Sub-national levels, especially on Collation of Data for Analysis and Reporting for the achievement of the overall goal of GSAM Project under the Consortium.
• The Zonal Project Officer will report to the Chief of Party through the Public Policy/Advocacy Specialist, based at the National level.
• Provide support to the Public Policy/Advocacy Specialist
• Manage and coordinate all GSAM advocacy activities in 100 districts across Ghana
• Provide Technical Capacity Building and monitoring support to Partner CSOs on the project.
• Link up with partners and in particular CSOs working on social accountability within the Zone and provide information and updates on their activities as and when required
• Produce monthly and quarterly briefs to the GSAM Public Policy/Advocacy Specialist (PPAS)
• Assist the Public Policy/Advocacy Specialist and other national staff to produce credible, timely and high quality reports
• Monitor and oversee the performance of CSOs in Ashanti and Brong Ahafo (Middle zone) of the project.
• Collaborate with the CSOs and facilitate the development of scorecards
• Work as a Zonal focal person to oversee the implementation of GSAM activities on the field
• Carry out public dissemination of results/updates community scorecards, interface meetings, town hall meetings, community mobilization intervention etc.
• Be responsible for the collation and entry of data into MIS system
• Assist in the preparation of reports on the GSAM advocacy campaigns
• Work closely with M&E Officer and M&E Specialist with information and other required support to plan and develop appropriate M&E tools, techniques, systems etc. and collection of data on the GSAM project.
• Work closely with the CARE Finance and Grants Managers to oversee the work of sub-grants and institute a system to track and monitor the implementation, results, and close-out of the awards
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum qualification of under-graduate degree in Development Planning, Social Sciences, Public Administration, Project Management or other related fields from a recognized University. A post-graduate degree in the relevant areas will be advantageous
Required Skills and Experience
• A Minimum of 3 years’ experience in project planning, management, community/governance work especially at the local level
• Excellent skills in community mobilization and facilitation, citizen- local government engagement processes, negotiation, public speaking, and ability to assist in collecting required data, analyze, integrate and use such data and further assist in developing strategies and plan to resolve them, report writing skills.
• Computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Power Point,
• Excellent oral and written English is required. Fluency in some of the local language(s) in the communities of the GSAM (Middle) Zone would be an asset.
• Commitment to achieving results, deadline driven, proactive and self-motivated.
• Demonstrated cross-cultural sensitivity and experience.
• Ability to build and work in a team
• Good relationship and learning skills
• Ability to Multitasking, work under pressure and deliver
• Excellent writing, presentation and reporting skills
How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidates should submit their applications and detailed CVs to the HR Officer, CARE International in Ghana or electronically to:
PLEASE INDICATE CLEARLY IN THE SUBJECT LINE THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR.
Closing Date: 26 June, 2018
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
OUR DIVERSITY IS OUR STRENGTH; WE ENCOURAGE PEOPLE FROM ALL BACKGROUNDS AND EXPERIENCES, PARTICULARLY WOMEN, TO APPLY