We are a reputable Equity Investment Firm currently into Finance, Hospitality, Logistics, Real Estates, Property Management, Security Services and Trade.
We are seeking to find suitable persons with an excellent track record for the following position within the Group
• Job Title: Fleet Operations Officer
• Department: Operations
• Reports Directly: Team Lead- Fleet Management
Duties & Responsibilities:
• In close collaboration with the Fleet Manager, the incumbent will maintain and enforce best industry standards throughout the company’s vehicle operations.
• Under the guidance of the Head of the unit, the Fleet Operations Officer will undertake periodic audits on the transport system and ensure compliance throughout the company’s operations.
• Ensure that all drivers of company comply with the appropriate national and local traffic legislation including the company’s policy and rules regarding the conduct and use of vehicle.
• Assist with the development and implementation of planned preventive maintenance policy for all vehicle and plant machinery and put in place, a strategic model for monitoring same.
• Monitor and ensure the validity of all applicable licenses including road worthy, insurance, road tolls etc.
• Contribute to the development of a centralised fleet procurement policy to enhance and optimise value for money.
• Foster and maintain effective working relationships with external enforcement bodies in relation to facilitating the company’s operations.
• Assist and advise on the development of fleet management software to produce reports on vehicle usage, mileage and maintenance costs.
• To assist in devising and delivering suitable training and induction programs for logistics and related operations officers.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Motor vehicle technician certificate with a minimum of three (5) years experience
• Membership of the Charted Institute of Logistics and Transport or relevant professional qualification will be an added advantage.
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel & PowerPoint mandatory)
• Ability to work under pressure
• Must exhibit exemplary leadership skills
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize work
• Ability to exercise good judgment, show initiative and be proactive
How To Apply For The Job
Qualified applicants may apply by email with detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter to:
Closing Date: 31 January, 2015
• with the job title as the subject of the mail.
• Please note that only shortlisted candidates would be contacted