SEND – GHANA is the oldest of the three affiliate national NGOs (i.e. SEND-Liberia and SEND Sierra Leone) establishedby the Social Enterprise Development of Foundation of West Africa ( SEND West Africa). SEND West Africa was founded in Ghana in August, 1998 to promote livelihood security, equality of women and men and accountable and transparent governance. The target groups of SEND’s programs are mostly women, youth and farmers in conflict prone , resource poor and difficult to reach communities in each country.
• To monitor and support Focal NGOs and District HIPC Monitoring Committees (DHMC)
• To report on Grassroots Economic Literacy and Advocacy Activities form the Zonal level
• To undertake training of FNGO and DHMCs
• To collect and Analyse Monitoring Information gathered/received
• To undertake local level Action Research work of SEND
• To write articles for publication in SEND’s Newsletter
• To originate Lobbying activities of SEND’s GELAP
• To train community partners on advocacy and Human Rights
• To undertake networking at the zonal level
Qualification Required & Experience
• First degree or equivalent experience in Social Science ( Community Development, Social Work, Sociology), Economics or other related subject
• Experience in policy research and advocacy will be an added advantage.
• Sound knowledge of research tools and methods
• Research and writing skills
• Must be a self-starter who requires minimum or no prompting
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Working knowledge of MS Office, including Excel.
• Must be willing to live and work in remote areas
How To Apply
Interested applicants should submit CV and cover letter to the:-
A 28 Regimanuel Estates,
Kindly use the title of the position as the ‘Subject’ of the mail.
Closing Date: 10 November, 2014
SEND-GHANA is an equal opportunity employer and women are particularly encouraged to apply.