Posted by Ghana Jobs as NGO / International Agencies
Established over 100 years ago, CABI is a not-for-profit intergovernmental science-based development and information organization. CABI improves people’s lives by providing information and applying scientific expertise to solve problems in agriculture and the environment.
Our mission and direction is influenced by our member countries who help guide the activities undertaken. These include scientific publishing, development projects and research, and microbial services. Our activities are based principally in 2 major sites in the UK and 5 scientific centres globally. Please see our website: www.cabi.org for further details about our organisation.
Description Of Job
The Regional Coordinator will report to the Regional Director for Africa Region. He/she will be based in Accra, Ghana working closely with the Regional Centre based in Nairobi-Kenya.
• The successful candidate will play a key role in developing research development business initiatives for the West Africa region
• He will be ‘the face of CABI’ in the region and the local lead for CABI activities in the region as well as member country relations
• This is a role for a hands-on business manager with a scientific background
• She/he will contribute to the development of goals, objectives and a business plan to promote the overall achievement of CABI’s mission within the region
• This will require the he/she operate as required at regional, thematic (e.g. commodities), and project levels to build the image and credibility of CABI, with member countries, funding bodies, partners and client communities
• Salary: Negotiable but commensurate with skills, abilities and experience
• Position Type: 2 years initial appointment with a possibility of renewal. The successful applicant will be based in our CABI office in Accra -Ghana
Qualification Required & Experience
• He/She will have PhD (for comparable relevant experience) in scientific discipline with at least 10 years scientific research work and relevant experience in working in a cross-cultural environment.
• Fluency in written and spoken English and French languages are required
• Written of Portuguese and/or Spanish will be an added advantage and ability to use multiple ICT systems and software is key
• The candidate shall strong leadership skills, excellent administrative and communication skills with ability to prioritise and manage diverse workloads, use initiative and proactive thinking and pay attention to details
A strong level of project management skills in a cross-cultural environment is essential with high level of confidentiality and ability to cope well with changing environment
How To Apply For The Job
Applicants are invited to send a cover letter illustrating their suitability for the post and detailed curriculum vitae (not more than 3 pages) with full names and addresses of 3 referees. Applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Job Reference number 35/2012
Closing Date: 21 September, 2012