• Accurate information, data analysis, and documentation are timely made available to support situation analysis, sectoral input and reporting.
• Technical assistance are provided to the development and implementation of integrated Health & Nutrition strategies and approaches through participation and collaboration with internal and external partners.
• Work plan and objectives are effectively established and planned results are timely delivered through technical support and coordination in consultation with all relevant partners.
• Project efficiency and effectiveness are enhanced through effective implementation follow-up.
• Project implementation progress is monitored for adjustment and improvement of program delivery and sustainability. Gender sex aggregated data and inputs provided relevant to the Health & Nutrition programme
• Transparency is ensured for supply and non-supply assistance and disbursement of programme funds for Health & Nutrition.
• Effective partnership and working relationships are maintained for advocacy, technical coordination, information sharing and knowledge networking.
• Up-to-date programme information is kept available and reports prepared and shared with relevant stakeholders as required to support the Health & Nutrition programme by the effective implementation of integrated monitoring system.
• Emergency preparedness is maintained, and in emergencies, emergency responses with effective coordination are provided and in line with the Core Commitments for Children (CCCs) in Humanitarian Action, partnerships with the Health and Nutrition humanitarian actors strengthened within the Inter-Agency Standing Committee (IASC).
• Other assigned duties and responsibilities are effectively accomplished.
Qualification Required & Experience
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
• University degree in Public Health and Nutrition, Child Development, Water Sanitation, Public Administration, Social Policy, Social Development, Community Development, or other relevant disciplines
• A minimum of two years strongly relevant professional experience in planning, programming, implementation monitoring and evaluation of health and nutrition programmes. Professional work experience in a programme management function or a technical expert capacity in child survival & health care.
• Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
• Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
How to Apply For the Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Click Here To Apply Online
08 November, 2018
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The technical competencies required for this post are….
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.