Our client, the West African Power Pool (WAPP), is an institution established by the mandate of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) to, among others, develop a sustainable regional electricity supply system in order to promote the economic growth of the ECOWAS sub region. To achieve this objective, there is the need for WAPP to establish a regional electricity market in West Africa through the appropriate development and implementation of key infrastructure so that all ECOWAS member states are given access to economic energy resources.
Within this framework, the Governments of Nigeria, Niger, Benin, Togo and Burkina are collaborating to develop a sub-regional interconnection project referred to as the 330 kV WAPP North Core Project. The project involves the construction of approximately 875 km of 330 kV transmission lines from Nigeria to Burkina Faso, through Niger, and Benin. As a social mitigation measure, the project also envisages the electrification of rural communities located within a 5 km radius on both sides of the line, as well as the implementation of other environmental and social mitigation measures.
An Implementation Management Unit (IMU) with one central office in Abuja and local offices in the other countries is being established as part of the project’s institutional framework to, among others, assist in the preparation and physical implementation of the North Core project.
Blueprint Consult Company Limited, on behalf of WAPP, is recruiting for the following six (6) key positions of the Implementation Management Unit (IMU) and invites qualified professionals to submit their applications for consideration.
Senior Technical Project Coordinator
• The Senior Technical Project Coordinator will coordinate the activities of cross-disciplinary teams contributing to the technical aspects of the North Core project.
• S/he will serve as the technical link between the IMU, Owner's Engineer and construction contractors and ensure adequate coordination between the work programs of the various technical partners working on the project.
• The job holder will also monitor all construction work and address technical issues related to the implementation of the project.
Key responsibilities include:
• Ensure overall management of the project from concept to completion including siting, environmental
permitting, planning, estimating, engineering, right of way acquisition, project controls, bid phase services, procurement, constructability reviews, material management, construction management, and closeout
• Drive project schedules, manage scope, and control project costs
• Initiate, monitor and coordinate all the technical activities of the IMU (central office and local offices) to meet the schedules and requirements of all construction works;
• Manage the team of Sr. Engineers in the central office of the IMU.
• Lead and mentor the technical staff in the local offices.
• Coordinate (i) the review of designs for Communication and SCADA Systems (ii) the Rural Electrification components and (iii) the national projects associated with North Core Regional Project.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of an Electrical Engineering Degree with at least fifteen (15) years of proven experience in the power sector and registrable with a professional body
• Proven record of successfully achieved project targets in a minimum of two (2) previous electricity
• Experience in the construction of high voltage transmission lines and substations (132 kV and above);
• Qualification in project management will be an added advantage;
• Regional experience in coordinating and working with multi-disciplinary teams and project stakeholders is desirable
Skills and competencies:
• Well developed, detail oriented organizational skills and proven project management skills;
• Strong leadership and supervisory skills
Jobholders for the remaining positions are required to be fluent in French and English. Ability to use relevant computer software (MS Word,Excel, Power Point) as well as the internet is also a key requirement for all positions.
These are full time positions, envisaged for a term of approximately 36 months. Successful candidates will be stationed at the IMU Head Office in Abuja, Nigeria but will be required to make frequent visits to the field offices of the IMU and/or project sites located in any of the following countries: Nigeria, Niger, Benin, Togo and Burkina Faso.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidates are invited to apply strictly online. Kindly download application forms and complete, clearly indicating the position you are applying for.
Click Here To Download Application Form
Please send completed application forms accompanied by an application letter to:
For further enquiries kindly send emails to:
or call +233 302 963401
03 September, 2018