Nathan is a private international economic and analytics consulting firm that works with government and commercial clients around the globe to deliver practical solutions and achieve lasting results. Whether building frameworks for economic growth or navigating regulatory hurdles, securing infrastructure financing or evaluating and assessing disputes, Nathan’s experts serve as trusted partners, offering clients the analysis, technical advice, and strategies they need for sound decision-making. Known for both technical and service excellence, Nathan has corporate offices in the US, UK, and India and more than 25 program offices around the world.
• The Trade and Investment Activity will facilitate the growth and development of higher-value commercial crops in support of the Government of Ghana's plan to recapture market share and access new markets as a source of much needed foreign exchange.
• The Trade and Investment facilitation activity will strategically address investment promotion and trade facilitation based on commercial opportunities and government political will to move forward reforms and improve the enabling environment for trade and investment.
• The activity will use a systems approach to address the challenges in the trade sector. The proposed activity will have three main components: 1) Investment Promotion, 2) Trade Facilitation, and 3) Small Medium Enterprise (SME) development.
REPORTING & SUPERVISION
• These positions will report to the Chief of Party. This project is expected to start in March 2020.
We are seeking experts in the following areas:
• Trade and Investment;
• Investment Promotion;
• Investment Policy;
• Trade Facilitation;
• Customs Modernization;
• Business Enabling Environment;
• Small Medium Enterprise Development;
• High Value Crops;
• Public Policy;
• Financial Markets;
• Public-Private Partnerships;
• Public Private Dialogue;
• Change Management;
• Monitoring and Evaluation/Collaboration, Adaptation and Learning Specialists;
• USAID experienced Finance/Admin or Operations;
• Information Technology.
We are particularly looking for people with experience working across the public, private, and social sectors to create investment and economic growth.
Qualification Required & Experience
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
• Advanced degree in Economics, Public Policy, Trade Policy, Public Administration, Business Administration, marketing or similar field
• 5+ years of experience working in economic development, public policy reform, investment promotion, WTO Agreement on Trade Facilitation, or donor-funded project management
• Excellent English writing and speaking skills
• Experience working on USAID, DFID, World Bank, ADB, or other donor-funded programs;
• Significant work experience Ghanaand/or West Africa a plus.
How To Apply For The Job
Please apply by submitting a CV and Cover letter in English to:
15 November, 2019
Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply at the earliest and should list their areas of expertise in the subject line. CV should not be more than 3 pages. Nathan Associates is an equal opportunity employer. Only finalists will be contacted.
No phone calls, please. Local applicants are strongly encouraged to apply. Please visit www.nathaninc.com
for additional information.