Ghana Armed Forces Recruitment For Regular Commission (Army/Navy/Air Force Career Officers) – (Nationwide Recruitment)
General Eligibility - Eligible applicant should:
• Be a Ghanaian citizen by birth.
• Be of good character.
• Be not less than 20 years and not more than 25 years by 30 May 2013 for Regular
• Be medically fit by Ghana Armed Forces’ standard.
• Be not bonded.
• Be not married.
• Be of minimum height of 1.68m (5’ 6”) for males and 1.57m (5’ 2”) for females.
• In addition to all above, candidate must have obtained credits in Core English, Core
Mathematics and Core Science at SSSCE or equivalent examination.
Location: Nationwide Recruitment
Rank on Commission. - Army, Navy and Air Force Regular candidates will be commissioned as Lieutenant, Sub-Lieutenant and Flying Officer respectively on successfully completing of their training at the Ghana Military Academy.
How To Apply
• Applicants should complete the Initial Data Form provided in their own handwriting and forward it together with photocopies of the supporting documents to the Director Manpower Planning, General Headquarters (Personnel Administration) Burma Camp, Accra.
• Applicants must clearly state in the space provided which Arms of Service, Type of Commission and the advertised Vacancy they are applying for eg. Army - Regular: Infantry, Navy - Regular: Executive, etc. Air Force, Regular: Supply Branch, etc.
• Applicants are to obtain EMS prepaid envelopes specially designed for the Enlistment Exercise from designated post offices throughout the country at a fee for Twenty-five Ghana Cedis (GH¢25,00) from Ghana Post Ltd Services.
• The Initial Data Form with supporting documents such as photocopies of Birth/Baptismal Certificates, Educational/Professional certificates, 4 recent passport photographs and the small size EMS envelope bearing the applicant’s address are to be sealed in the large size EMS prepaid envelope and submitted to the same post office for special delivery to the Ghana Armed Forces General Headquarters, Burma Camp, Accra.
• Closing date for the receipt of applications is Friday 29 March 2013.
Designated Post Offices:
• Greater Accra. Accra North, GPO, Cantonments, Dansoman, Legon, Madina, KIA Post
office, TUC, Kaneshie, Ministries Post Office, Mamprobi, New Achimota, Tema C1 Main, Tema
• Central Region. Cape Coast, Agona Swedru, Saltpond, Dunkwa-On Offin, Winneba,
• Northern Region. Tamale, Education Ridge, Yendi, Walewale, Damongo
• Upper West Region. Wa Lawra, Tumu.
• Upper East Region. Bawku, Navrongo, Bolgatanga.
• Ashanti Region. Kumasi Main, KNUST Post Office, Ashanti-Mampong, Bekwai-Ashanti,
Konongo, Obuasi, Offinso, Ejura, Juaso, Akrokerri, Ejisu, Agogo.
• Brong Ahafo Region. Sunyani, Berekum, Techiman, Bechem, Kwame Danso, Kintampo,
Dormaa Ahenkro, Duayaw Nkwanta.
• Eastern Region. Koforidua, Nkawkaw, Mpraeso, Suhum, Akim, Oda, Abun,
Asamankese, Akropong-Akuapem, Somanya, Akosombo, Nsawam.
• Western Region. Takoradi, Sekondi, Tarkwa, Enchi, Sefwi-Wiawso.
• Volta Region. Ho, Keta, Hohoe, Kpando, Denu, Peki, Sogakope, Jasikan, Kadjebi.
• Transportation/Feeding/Accommodation. Applicants are responsible for their own transportation, feeding and accommodation throughout the Enlistment Exercise.
• Only short-listed applicants will be invited for the screening and selection process.
NB: All candidates are to follow Instructions given by the GHQ (Personnel Administration) only.
The Ghana Armed Forces is an equal opportunity employer. There are no authorized middlemen and the advertised vacancies are not for sale. Any person found parading as an agent or middleman would be prosecuted and those who deal with such people do so at their own risk. Anybody who presents false documents would also be arrested and prosecuted.