Positive Planet, the new name for Planet Finance has set itself a mission to help people across the world to create the conditions for a better future for the next generations and, in particular, for their own descendants. It is in the interests of those living today to help future populations, who in turn will continue the chain. Such is the definition of the positive economy.
To achieve its mission, Positive Planet aims to specifically accompany those persons lacking the means to improve the lives of their own descendants.
To help each person improve the lives of future generations, Positive Planet brings resources to adults, and particularly to the poorest, for them to provide their children with the best environment to grow, learn and achieve their full potential.
Positive Planet, drawing on its experience in microfinance and financial inclusion acquired when operating under the name of PlaNet Finance, aims, therefore, to provide access to a healthy and balanced life for everybody, and particularly the most deprived and their children.
Positive Planet will therefore mobilize the support of all its experts for the poor and needy across the world, so that young children and their parents will have access to housing, clean drinking water, education, health, a safe environment, training, and the financing of their projects in order to release their full potential, individually and collectively.
Ghana, Northern Region, Tamale
Positive PlaNet (Ghana)
• Mission Start:
1st August, 2015
• Contract duration:
1 year Job summary
Provide support to the running of the Country office and to undertake operational activities in line with the business of Positive PlaNet as and when required.
• Coordinating travel arrangements of project team and international staff visits, donor monitoring trips as well as trips by other stakeholders to the Ghana Office.
• Making hotel reservations for visitors and conference facilities for workshops and trainings.
• Playing a key role in organizing meetings, workshops etc. actively taking notes, recoding attendance, managing communication to participants and ensuring all that is required is available on ground.
• Keeping office documentation intact neatly filed away and indexed so that it can be easily retrieved when in need.
• Ensuring constant supply of office consumables such as paper, pens, files, note pads, printer/copier cartridges, toiletries etc.
• Managing the organizations snail mail (letter box) by sorting and distributing incoming post (letters) and organising and sending outgoing post (letters)
• Supporting the Administration and Finance Manager and other staff in preparing reports, proposals etc. by coordinating the printing, copying and binding of such documents for distribution
• Support in managing in-house and external events for the organization
• Data entry into the appropriate template as requested by the Administration and Finance Manager or as may be required by other staff within the organization.
• Managing the office telephone system-receiving calls and returning calls, follow-ups, scheduling meetings and appointments for staff within the organization.
• Participating in field related activities in relation to Positive Planets projects in the various districts in the Northern Region from time-to-time.
• Making bank deposits and requesting banking information in relation to the organizations reporting requirements as and when required or requested by the Administration and Finance Manager.
• Making payments to Ghana Government agencies in relation to statutory obligations or submission of documents to Government agencies in relation to the organizations operations and respecting laid down regulations,
• Any other tasks that may be assigned by the Administration and Finance Manager or the Country Director. Reporting Lines
• Coordinate and report directly to the Administration and Finance Manager with a dotted line reporting responsibility to the Country Director. Qualification Required & Experience
• Fresh graduate from a tertiary institution looking for an opportunity to launch his/her career
• Individual should be analytic and thorough in his/her approach to work
• Ability to communicate effectively in English Language verbally and in written form.
• Ability to speak French or any of the local northern languages of Ghana is desirable but not required.
• Ability to proof-read documents and carryout necessary correction relating to typos and grammatical errors.
• Ability to use computer software (Microsoft Word, Excel or PowerPoint) in the office environment to complete specific tasks.
• Ability to use the e-mail system for communication with a good understanding of etiquette for electronic mail communication.
• Basic understanding of office procedures in relation to data management and communication.
• Hospitable and flexible attitude, willing to help other officers to complete specific tasks in times of need.
• Ability to work in a team environment to achieve results
• Able to meet deadlines Location:
Northern Region and Tamale How To Apply For The Job
Please send your resume and cover letter to: [email protected] Closing Date:
17 July, 2015
• Please quote the following reference in the subject of your e-mail; Ghana INTERN 2015
• Women are encouraged to apply.
• Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.