Accountant & Administrative Assistant Location:
Ghana, Upper West Region Reports to:
Winrock Ghana MUS Director, WA-WASH Program Duration:
1 year Start Date:
Jan 1, 2014 Position Summary
The Accountant & Administrative Assistant for the WA-WASH Ghana Multiple-Use Water Services program is responsible for financial, budgetary, and operations functions in the Winrock office in Upper West Region, Ghana. The accountant will insure that all financial and other systems are compliant with Winrock policies and procedures as well as all donor requirements, the standards of the US Agency Responsibilities: Budgeting:
Participate in the review of program work plan and field budget. Monitor office spending against planned budget and work with the Program Director, Home Office Coordinator, and Headquarters staff for decision-making purposes. Accounting and Reporting:
Prepare and submit monthly financial reports and wire requests to Home Office Coordinator and Project Accountant. Prepare receipt and disbursement vouchers and manage documents in support of the voucher with proper approvals. Monitor compliance of US Government regulations and Winrock International policies and procedures. Coordinate with Home Office staff on reconciling field and home office reports. Monitor bank account, perform bank reconciliations, and track currency changes against the USD. Support reporting, planning, and spending of local partners, sub-contractors, and sub-grantees. Staff Administration:
Manage payroll; assure compliance with labor and tax laws. Record and track liabilities such as severance and unused vacation days. Support administering staff benefits. Maintain human resource files. Office Management:
Procure equipment and supplies, and contract local vendors for supporting office services in accordance with donor regulations and Winrock policies and procedures. Support coordination of travel and monitoring vehicle maintenance. Data Management:
Maintain a secure database of project information and collateral materials; supervise IT staff and oversee IT functions. Maintain official program files for data collected.
Perform other duties as assigned by the Ghana Project Director and WI Headquarters. Working Relationships
• Internal: Interacts daily with Winrock WA-WASH Ghana Project Director.
• External: Interacts, as appropriate, with donors, sub-grantees, auditors, partners, and various vendors and suppliers. Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in finance and accounting or similar field. Certified Professional Accountant (C.P.A.) preferred but not required. Accountant Experience:
• Minimum of three (3) years (5 years preferred) experience as accounting in Ghana working for non-governmental organizations or private sector programs with funding from the US Government (USAID preferred) and other donors.
• Knowledge and experience with aspects of US Government finance and compliance preferred. Skills/Knowledge:
• Excellent interpersonal relationship skills including demonstrated leadership and team-building skills
• Fluent in English, with some knowledge of French preferable.
• Knowledge of USAID policies and procedures (preferred).
• Ability to communicate effectively to program/technical staff concerning regulatory policies and procedures and compliance issues. Location:
Upper West Region How To Apply For The Job
Interested persons should submit a cover letter and resume by e-mail to:- [email protected] Closing Date:
03 December, 2013
In the Subject Line, please indicate: MUS Ghana – Accountant & Administrative Assistant
. The position will be open until filled; applications will be reviewed upon receipt. For highest consideration, please submit a detailed resume and cover letter by December 1, 2013.
Winrock would like to graciously thank all applicants for their responses and interest in this posting. However, only applicants who meet listed criteria and are short listed will be contacted. No phone calls please.