Ghana Civil Aviation Authority
Aviation Industry / Shipping
Job Vacancy For Air Traffic Control Assistant At Ghana Civil Aviation Authority
The Authority seeks to invite applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the above-mentioned vacancy in its air traffic services. Under the general supervision of the Director of Air Traffic Services, the successful candidate will ensure that all the various functions/ tasks are performed as indicated below:
Provision of skilled assistance in Air Traffic Control operational positions; coordination of traffic with air traffic services units within the Accra FIR and adjacent FIRs; and recording of flight data.
• In general, an ATCA acts as assistant to a qualified Duty Air Traffic Controller (DATCO) in fulfilling a particular function. The duties of the ATCA includes the following:
• Manage, correct and forward filed flight plans using the ATS message handling system(AMHS)
• Coordinate pertinent information on air traffic to adjacent Flight Information Regions(FIRs) and Air Traffic Service Units(ATSU) in accordance with specified letters of procedures(LOPs)
• Prepare flight progress strips, update and manage flight plans(FPL) using the flight data processor(FDP)
• Record flight progress data manually and electronically in the aircraft movement Log book and the computer Log
• Broadcast NOTAMs and all relevant notices/Information using the automatic terminal information service(ATIS)
• Check current routine and special meteorological reports(METAR/SPECI) and broadcast using ATIS
• Under the supervision of the area controller, maintain a listening guard on HF frequencies and man the automatic dependent surveillance-contract(ADS-C) and the controller pilot data link(CPDLC) by issuing instructions to pilots
• Any other task assigned by the Duty Air Traffic Controller.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Be a Ghanaian citizen
• Hold a Bachelor's Degree; preferably in the Physical Sciences, ICT, Engineering, Mathematics, or a pilot's licence.
• Should not be more than 25years; or more than 30years in the case of those with relevant professional qualification (pilot's licence) in aviation.
• Be declared physically and medically fit (ICAO Annex 1 class 3 Medical Standards)
• Be declared free of psycho-active substance abuse by the Authority's Aviation Medical Examiners
• Interest in the aviation industry.
• Ability to work in a team
• Ability to think fast, have a good memory, make quick decisions, as well as multi-tasking.
• Ability to stay calm under pressure and also be stress resistant.
• Should be able and willing to adapt
• Should be service-oriented, and have good spatial orientation
How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants should forward their curriculum vitae with a covering letter to:
THE DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES,
GHANA CIVIL AVIATION AUTHORITY PMB,
KIA - ACCRA.
Closing Date: 19 February, 2015
NB: ONLY SHORT LISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED