Ghana Civil Aviation Authority
Aviation Industry / Shipping
Job Vacancy For Air Traffic Control Assistants (ATCA)
The Authority seeks to invite applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the above mentioned vacancy in its air traffic services.Under the General supervision of the Director of Air traffic services, the successful candidate will ensure that all the various functions/ tasks are performed as indicated below;
Provision of skilled assistance in Air Traffic Control operational positions; coordination of traffic with Air Traffic Services Units within the Accra FIR and adjacent FIRs; and recording of flight data.
In general anATCA acts an assistant to a qualified DutyAirTrafficController(DATCO) in fulfilling a particular function. The duties of the ATCA includes the following:
• Manage, correct and forward filed flight plans using the ATS message handling system(AMHS).
• Coordinate pertinent information on Air Traffic to adjacent Flight Information Regions (FIRs) and Air Traffic Service Units (ATSU) in accordance with specified letters of procedures(LOPs)
• Prepare flight progress strips, update and manage flight plans(FPL) using the flight data processor (FDP)
• Record flight progress data manually and electronically in the aircraft movement Log book and the computer Log
• Broadcast NOTAMs and all relevant notices/Information using the automatic terminal information service (ATIS)
• Check current routine and special meteorological reports(METARISPECI)and broadcast using ATIS
• Under the supervision of the area controller, maintain a listening guard on HF frequencies and man the automatic; dependent surveillance-contract (ADS-C) and the controller pilot data link.(CPDLC) by issuing instructions to pilots
• Any other task assigned by the Duty Air Traffic Controller.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Be a Ghanaian citizen
• Hold a Bachelor's Degree; preferably in the Physical Sciences, ICT, Engineering, Mathematics, or a pilot's license.
• Should not be more than 27 years; or more than 30 years in the case of those with relevant professional qualification (pilot's license) in Aviation.
• Be declared physically and medically fit (IQAO Annex 1 class 3 Medical standards)
• Be declared free of psycho-active substance abuse by the Authority's Aviation Medical Examiners
• Have interest in the Aviation industry and enjoy working in a team
• Ability to think fast, have a good memory, make quick decisions and have multi-tasking ability
• Ability to stay calm under pressure and also be stress resistant
• Should be able and willing to adapt
• Should be service oriented and have good spatial orientation
How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants should forward their curriculum vitae with a covering letter to:
THE DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES,
GHANA CIVIL AVIATION AUTHORITY
Closing Date: 24 May, 2018