A reputable organisation invites applications from qualified and dynamic persons to fill the following vacancy: Assistant Procurement Officer
• To provide operational support for achievement of the objectives of the Procurement unit.
• The Assistant Procurement Officer will report directly to the Procurement Officer
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Collects inputs for drafting Specifications/Terms of Reference for Procurement of goods, works and services.
• Collects data for the preparation of reports on procurement activities.
• Establishes and maintains register of service providers for the entity.
• Keeps records of stock levels to ensure availability of goods for operational requirements.
• Manages inventories in the organisation and proposes redistribution actions.
• Receives and inspects supplies and recommends actions on petitions from vendors and departments.
• Prepares documentation to replenish stocks on periodic basis
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Procurement or Supply Chain or Logistics or any other related field from an accredited tertiary institution.
• Affiliate member of Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply UK/GHANA
• Must have completed National Service
• Must pass a competitive selection interview conducted by the Public Procurement Authority in collaboration of Public Services Commission
• Fair Knowledge of the Public Procurement Act, 2003(Act 663), Public Procurement (Amendment) Act , 2016 (Act 914)
• Procurement Management skills.
• Quantitative and Analytical skills.
• Good communication and Interpersonal skills.
• Proficiency in relevant IT applications.
• Good report writing and presentation skills.
• Knowledge of types of Supplies and their Storage methods
• Knowledge of Inventory Control procedures and Supply Quality Assurance issues.
• Knowledge in Materials Handling and Logistics procedures and guidelines
How To Apply For The Job
Applications, together with detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of relevant certificates and the names and addresses of two referees should reach the following address by Friday, 26th May, 2017
The Chief Executive
P. M. B. 30
Ministries – Accra
26 May, 2017
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.