Business World magazine is Ghana’s Leading Business magazine and two Time winner of the Gold Award for Business Journalism “Magazine of the year 2012 and 2013”.
We are looking for an Associate Editor
to join us in growing our print and online platform.
We’re looking for the sort of journalist/writer who is just as enthusiastic about print media as he is of online media and has a good sense of business personalities and trends in Ghana.
Our Associate Editor will also oversee all content across digital platforms, including web, mobile and tablet. The position requires an energetic hands-on person with an eye for accuracy and meeting people.
He or she will be a team player, have a rucksack of great ideas and the ability to make them happen. He or she will be organized, driven and not just willing but eager to try new things and experiment with telling stories in different and unique ways. Duties:
• Overseeing the layout, appearance and content of feature articles;
• Generating ideas for features
• Commissioning articles from freelance
• Managing freelance feature writers;
• Editing and re-writing articles,
• Overseeing artwork, design and photography for the features section of the magazine;
• Attending photo shoots;
• Understanding and complying with media law and industry ethical guidelines;
• Selecting feature articles for each issue;
• Sending out briefs to writers, which can include word count, deadline, fee and writing style;
• Proofreading all pages before going to press;
• Raising the profile of the magazine;
• Networking with others at industry events;
• Assisting other staff to meet their deadlines.
• Manage daily news for businesworldghana.com
• Plan, direct and edit content for the monthly newsletters,
• Manage the community aspects of the website, including bloggers, commenters and social media participants Work with the executive and managing editors to develop appropriate strategies for the newsroom.
• Maintain production responsibility for user-generated content on the site. Qualification Required and Experience
• This person should also possess the ability to see the big picture and strategize on overall direction of content for Business World Magazine. He or she will have strong news judgment and a natural ability to use digital and/or web-based tools to take articles, data and more and enhance them and package them into must-view content. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Email cvs to:- [email protected] Closing Date:
21 February, 2014