Ministry of Gender Children and Social Protection (MoGCSP)
Job Vacancy For Beneficiary Update Officer At Ministry of Gender, Children and Social Protection (MoGCSP
The Livelihood Empowerment Against Poverty (LEAP) is a cash transfer programme started by the Government of Ghana (GOG) in 2008. It is targeted at the extremely poor, vulnerable and orphaned children, and the elderly. The objective of the programme is to reduce poverty by increasing consumption and promoting access to universal social services.
The Department of Social Welfare (DSW) in the Ministry of Gender, Children and Social Protection (MOGCSP), implements the LEAP programme.
The programme has over seventy two thousand (72,000) beneficiary households with an average of people per household. The number of beneficiary household is set to be increased to 200,000 by 31st December, 2015
To enhance LEAP implementation and improve upon programme delivery at the national, regional and district levels, the World Bank, through the Ghana Social Opportunities Programme (GSOP) is strengthening the management and administration of the programme.
The Beneficiary Update Officer will be responsible for dealing with alf beneficiaries enquiries in relation to data updates, Will also assist in the delivery of high quality beneficiaries' service, ensuring effective and efficient methodology, quality standards, procedures and documentation to satisfy the beneficiaries' requirements and promote a positive image of the LEAP Program. he/She will prepare beneficiaries date update summary reports and will co-ordinates the handling of difficult and/or unusual situations regarding this.
• The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this class:
• Get well acquainted with the LEAP Operations Manual
• Coordinate the establishment of the Update system on all operational levels,
• Contribute to the annual implementation plan on all issues of Beneficiary Data Updates,
• Develop and implement methods to evaluate the beneficiaries' services regarding Data Updates, and quantify the impact as much as possible.
• Report routinely to Beneficiary Services Specialist about achievements and improvements planned to address deficiencies and propose solutions.
• Train field staff regarding the methodology for Beneficiary Data Updates.
• Coordinate the printing and ensure distribution to the field of Beneficiary Data Update forms.
• Produce quarterly and annual reports on Updates using analyzing data provided by the MIS and results of monitoring visits to the field.
In the discharge of his/her duties, Beneficiary Update Officer will report to the Beneficiary Service Specialist. He/she will prepare and submit quarterly reports to Beneficiary Service Specialist
Duration of Assignment:
The contract will last for one ( 1) year initially, but renewable for a second year subject to satisfactory performance.
Qualification Required & Experience
• As a minimum, Bachelors degree in business management or public
• administration or a closely related field;
• 3 plus years of increasingly responsible professional experience in customer service; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Certificate in an administrative or customer service related field is highly desirable.
• Customer service principles and commitment to the provision of quality customer service.
• Administrative procedures.
• Various software packages including word processing, spreadsheet, and
• database management.
• Principles and practices of data base management.
How To Apply For The Job
Only shortlisted individuals will be contacted. Letters of Interested clearly marked: "MoGCSP-LEAP PERSONEL" should be received by the close of work on or before Tuesday, December 9 2014 and addressed to:
THE CHIEF DIRECTOR
MINISTRY OF GENDER, CHILDREN AND SOCIAL PROTECTION
P.O.BOX MBO 186
Attn: Mr. Mawutor Ablo (tel: 0208164216/ 0242628598} Director, MoGCSP
For further enquiries contact the MoGCSP or the National Coordinator, GSOP(tel: 0302-770246)
Closing Date: 09 December, 2012
Note: MoGCSP reserves the right not to hire for the position(s) if it determines that a candidate suitable for the position(s) was not identified. For such an event the position(s) so affected will be re-advertised