Kinross is a Canadian-based Gold mining company with its head office in Toronto, and have mines and projects in the United States, Canada, Russia, Brazil, Chile, Ecuador, Ghana and Mauritania, and employs approximately 6,000 people worldwide. Our core values are putting people first, outstanding corporate citizenship, high performance culture and rigorous financial discipline. We are dynamic, innovative, and passionate about who we are and how we work, and we do not compromise when it comes to doing the right thing in the communities where we operate. At Kinross, we pride ourselves on being skilled, responsible operators who strive not only to meet, but to exceed, regulatory requirements for both environmental and health and safety performance, wherever we operate. Putting people first is a core Kinross value, and our chief priority is to ensure the safety and well-being of every employee and contractor who works for us. Duties
• Actively promote Safety culture and Hazard awareness and maintain production goals and objectives as a team.
• Perform and follow mine plans and survey instructions.
• Perform underground construction and development jobs such as; installation of pipes, power cable, ventilation fan, tubes and installation of ground support if required.
• Perform routine inspection of equipment before operations.
• Perform and document walk-around pre-shift inspections and monitor instrument gauges frequently.
• Demonstrate knowledge of underground mining processes and operations.
• Ensure all tasks are aligned with Standard Operating Procedures and Safe Work Instructions at all times.
• Perform other duties as reasonably assigned by your supervisor or his appointee. Qualification Required & Experience
• Must possess at least SSCE Certificate or similar qualification.
• Must have at least five (5) years’ Underground working experience with three (3) years as a Bogger Operator.
• Must be able to read and write instructions, perform simple mathematical calculations, and keep records.
• Must possess a valid Ghanaian driver's license/Operating Permit and ability to drive underground.
• Ability to do Remote Bogging will be an added advantage.
• First Aid Certificate preferred. Location:
Ghana How To Apply For The Job
Applicants with the requisite skills & qualifications are to apply to the address below not later than 25th May, 2018: [email protected]
Or The Human Resources Manager Chirano Gold Mines Limited P. O. Box 57 Bibiani
Please indicate ONLY the position in the subject area when applying online. Closing Date:
25 May, 2018