SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES Build Producer association and the star shea network (SSN) into functional units
• Participate in conducting a comprehensive needs assessment of the established shea producer associations and the SSN, develop/update suitable training manuals (including a review of existing manuals) & other capacity building tools to address these gaps.
• Implement a capacity building plan based on the needs assessment to enable the established shea producer associations play their role in new business model driven by star shea Limited.
• Consult, update and educate the Shea Associations and Network on their own bye laws.
• Organize regular meetings of the SSN to discuss key issues relevant for the operations of network. Implement specific technical activities to improve access to financial services for shea VC actors and service providers
• Work with Business development Offices in the field to effectively develop 62 Community Social Funds (CSFs) that are established to provide specific services to members. The CSF is an insurance/saving type of fund whose objective is facilitate access to social protection services.
• Update the CSF manual based on the client feedback, sustainability, and operational feasibility considerations.
• Work with partner MFIs to implement the financial products that have been designed to target the shea processors and other value chain actors. Fund raising & reporting
• Identify opportunities/needs for new partnerships and projects in Ghana in the shea sector.
• Participate in the formulation of new projects in shea sector based on the experience & lessons learnt from project implementation
• Analysis of the socio economic tracking data collected over the period
• Prepare reports for partners & donors Qualification Required & Experience Job Qualifications
• Relevant academic education in relation to agricultural development, economics, business administration and/or related fields (a Masters degree is a plus).
• Significant knowledge of value chains and a minimum of 8 years experience in market and agricultural value chain development
• Good research & analytical skills and proficiency in Spreadsheets and SPSS.
• Experience of working with producer organizations, producer groups and sector/sub sector associations.
• Experience in capacity building, training and knowledge transfer at different levels of organization of the producers.
• Experience supporting rural enterprises in market and business development
• Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
• Excellent writing, reporting and negotiating skills.
• Knowledge of the shea sector in Ghana is a plus.
• Excellent facilitation, organization, project coordination and management skills.
• Willingness to work long hours, go to the field for several days at a time, and stay in northern Ghana. Location:
Northern Region How To Apply For The Job
Applications should be sent to the following email: [email protected] Closing Date:
19 January, 2014