NORC at the University of Chicago
Job Vacancy For Business Process Analyst At NORC at the University of Chicago
NORC at the University of Chicago is one of the largest and most highly respected social science research organizations pursuing high quality social science research that serves the public interest both in the United States and internationally. Since its founding in 1941, NORC has been an industry leader with a distinguished record in the design, development, and implementation of survey and other data collection methodologies, applying advanced statistical and other analytical techniques to interpret social science data. NORC’s core competencies include designing and conducting rigorous impact evaluations of development projects; developing survey instruments; conducting analytic research; statistical sampling; data preparation, collection, cleaning and management; and developing survey-associated information technology.
• Collect client data management, workflow and reporting requirements
• Clarify roles and responsibilities for data management
• Facilitate a collaborative process to identify processes for efficient data collection, analysis and use
• Identify and review the variety of data collection, management and analysis platform(s) that suit the client’s functional requirements, and that can be sustained by the client’s operational budget over time. The platform(s) must also suit the client staff’s level of technological capability as well and be able to be operated effectively by non-technologists.
• Recommend, based on analysis a best-fit platform(s)
• Work in collaboration with vendor and client staff to purchase, deploy and pilot the selected platform.
• Within the platform, develop data collection tools and processes, and reports to suit the client’s analytic needs
• Train and orient client staff in the software and relevant tools.
Qualification Required & Experience
• 5 or more years of experience as a Business Analyst or similar working with in a consulting capacity to assist clients in defining software system requirements
• 5 or more years of experience working in a consulting capacity to assist clients in defining, refining and deploying business process improvements
• 3 or more years of experience working in business intelligence platforms to create reports based on complex datasets (e.g. Jaspersoft, Pentaho, Spotfire)
• 2 or more years of experience using SQL to define complex joins across up to ten tables with multiple selection criteria and complex grouping
• 2 or more years of experience working with disparate data formats such as excel, csv, relational databases
• Experience working with open source operating systems such as Ubuntu
• Experience installing software server packages
• Experience working with international development assistance companies
• Ability to communicate effectively at different levels within a government agency and make effective presentations
• Thorough analyst
• Timely completion of tasks
• Ability to keep team members (local and international) updated on progress toward goals
• Team player
How To Apply For The Job
Please email Elise Le at:-
Closing Date: 25 February, 2014
Email subject: Business Process Analyst Application - First name Last name
Format: Submit CV and cover letter in one word document in the respective order, titled: "Lastname_Firstname_Business Process Analyst".
*Application that does not follow this format will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.