Nature’s Paradox Farms (NBF):
Nature’s Best Farms (NBF) is a privately owned Limited Liability Company registered under the Companies code, 1963 (ACT 179) and certified to Commence Business in August 2017. Nature’s Best Farms is a 20,000 bird capacity midsize commercial poultry farm that engages in a primary activity of layer poultry farming, where egg laying poultry birds are raised for the purpose of commercial egg production, poultry meat and processed poultry products. The eggs are sold directly to vendors who make their purchases on the farm, as well as, in the farm’s retail stores.
NBF also transforms eggs into egg powder and packages the powder for household consumption and for commercial entities such as bakeries, restaurants, hotels and educational institutions. The farm also owns several acres of land which it uses for agricultural farming purposes. The store is located at Kasoa (New Market) in the Central Region of Ghana and the farm is located at Ojobi, in the Awutu Bereku District of the Central Region of Ghana.
Position will have supervisory responsibilities over the following employees: Catering Assistant (1 – Vacant) and Store Associate (1 – Vacant). Temporary Workers (as needed).
Caterer Position Reports Directly To:
Nature’s Best Farms is in immediate need of a Caterer to prepare different flavors of freeze dried egg powder for household consumption and for commercial entities such as bakeries, restaurants, hotels and educational institutions. The position also entails the purchasing and freeze drying of fruits, when in season. The ideal candidate will also serve as the Store Manager for the company’s retail (and wholesale) store located at Kasoa, New Market.
The ideal candidate will be results-driven and responsible for the overall management of the store. This role includes enhancing customer satisfaction, meeting sales and profitability goals and managing staff effectively. Candidates will have the most success if they have basic bookkeeping skills, as this position requires providing daily reports on sales of raw eggs, powdered eggs and dried fruits, inventory of dressed chicken and egg supplies received from Nature’s Best Farms, and purchases of ingredients used for producing Deluxe Egg Powder.
The Company is looking for a professional who can hire, train a Catering Assistant, who will assist with catering activities, and a Sales Associate, who will assist with the sale of inventory, such as: crates of raw eggs, dressed chicken, packaged freeze-dried egg powder and dried fruits.
Caterer Responsibilities and Duties
• Freeze-Dry liquid eggs overnight, grind the caked eggs into powder and bag the powder into different size bags.
• Hire, Train, Coach and Develop Catering Associate.
• Source all ingredients needed for processing Deluxe Egg Powder.
• Source all ingredients needed for producing freeze dried fruits.
• Work with General Manager to develop market for household and commercial users of dressed chicken, dried fruits, and powdered eggs, – bakeries, restaurants, educational institutions.
• Maintain a Clean and Hygienic Store Environment for the processing of products.
• Responsible for any other catering duties assigned.
Rewarding Hard Work:
At Nature’s Best Farms (NBF), we know that our employees work tirelessly to provide our customers with the best support and care they possibly can. Therefore, we are proud to offer competitive compensation plus bonus packages to reward our hardworking employees.
Compensation and Benefits
• A competitive salary package commensurate with experience and qualifications will be negotiated for the right applicant.
• Mobile phone with access to the internet and equipped with WhatsApp messaging application will be provided.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Degree in Hospitality Management or Food and Beverage Management with at least 2+ years of experience working as a Caterer. Or BS degree in Business Administration or a relevant field with at least 3+ years of experience in catering
• Higher National Diploma (HND) in Catering with at least 5+ years of experience in catering
• Five to Ten years of practical experience working as a caterer.
Required Skills and Expectations
• Proven successful experience as a Caterer (minimum of 2 years)
• Powerful leading skills and business orientation
• Customer management skills
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
• Ability to meet deadlines consistently
• Creativity: Caterers are often in charge of creating new and innovative products, as well as knowing what combination of ingredients to use to achieve the best possible taste. Knowledge of ingredients and how to use them in a creative way will serve you well.
• Hand-Eye Coordination: Caterers work with knives and must have excellent technique when cutting and preparing food. Hand-eye coordination is needed.
• Sense of Taste and Smell: Creating delicious products creates business. Caterers are the last line of defense to make sure each piece of food is safe, prepared correctly and tasty.
• Time Management Skills: When there is a great demand for products, business can be lost if you cannot manage your time well. Great time management will help create customer satisfaction, generate more patronage, and customer loyalty.
• Business Acumen: Caterers must understand the business. You have to be cost conscious and always look for way to achieve cost savings for the company.
• Willingness to work six days a week and be flexible with work hours, if necessary
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as proficiency in the use of WhatsApp or any other application to communicate daily with Proprietor.
• Basic Computer Skills and proficiency in the use of the Internet for research as well as for communicating with the proprietor is an important requirement for this position.
• All other duties as assigned by the General Manager or the Proprietor
Desired Skills and Expectations
• Strong planning, organization, and time management skills
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel (and Word) to create and maintain accounting records.
• Graphic design skills for designing fliers, billboard and other promotional materials.
All applicants must be willing to live within the Kasoa area close to the New Market.
Kasoa New Market, Central Region
How To Apply For The Job
If you are interested in this position and have the required experience and qualifications please follow the guidelines below to submit your application:
• In your email, please insert the position, Caterer on the subject line along with the website where you found the job listing. Example: Caterer – Ghanacurrentjobs.com
• Send your Resume to the attention of the Director of Human Resources at the following email address: [email protected]
• Very Important (Any Application without this Document will be Rejected): Send a two page write-up explaining how you intend to comply with and or implement each bullet point under: Caterer; Store Manager; Required Skills and Expectations; Desired Skills and Expectations.
• Very Important (Any Application without this Document will be Rejected): Provide a one page write up of why you think that you are the best qualified candidate for this job.
• Very Important (Any Application without this Document will be Rejected): Include an active email address and a telephone number where you can be reached in case you are shortlisted for this position.
With every due respect, you will be wasting your time if you apply for this position without the required experience and qualifications and if you don’t comply with all the requirements under “How To Apply for this Position”.
19 June, 2018