NGO / International Agencies
Job Vacancy For Child Protection Officer (CPO)
We are local Non-governmental organization delivering development interventions in a number of areas in Northern Ghana. We are seeking self-motivated individuals who are committed to the development of deprived Adolescent girls to join our team for the positions below in a project aimed to improve the literacy and numeracy skills of highly marginalized out-of-school girls and transition them into formal school or employment in two districts of Northern Region.
Position Title: Child Protection Officer (CPO)
Employment Status: Full Time Position
Summary of Position:
The Child Protection Officer will be responsible for ensuring that the workplans of the project and project team member are designed, implemented in a gender-sensitive, disability and child protection strategies inclusive.
• Support the mainstreaming of gender, social inclusion and child protection throughout the work plans and project activities and monitor its implementation.
• Train and support the project team and community facilitators and committees in integrating gender-sensitive, social inclusion and child protection approaches in their plans and activities.
• Ensure the availability of accurate, complete and up-to-date information and situation analysis required for effective Child Safeguarding in project implementation, management, monitoring and evaluation.
• Support planning, management, monitoring and evaluation of child protection and participation activities aimed supporting transition of adolescent girls in formal and informal tracks.
• Provide technical assistance to the project team, Community Facilitators and Committees and local project partners and stakeholders.
• Other responsibilities as assigned
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Gender Studies, Social Sciences/Development Studies.
• At least two years of experience of participation in and/or inclusive disability oriented programs.
• Demonstrated knowledge, design and application of child protection programing.
• Good written and spoken communication skills (including presentation) required.
Abilities and Interpersonal Skills:
• Experience planning and facilitating meetings, identifying community needs, working with community leaders and key stakeholders.
• Knowledgeable in monitoring and evaluation standards with a gender and inclusive focus.
• Demonstrated training experience.
• Strong analytical and reporting skills
How to Apply For the Job
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should present their curriculum vitae (three pages) and a cover letter. The application should include two referees.Applications with the Position applied for reference in the subject addressed to the Administrative Officer must be submitted to:
Closing Date: 30 November, 2018
Applicants should note that only shortlisted applicants would be contacted. Females are encouraged to apply.