"Following a number of assessments carried out in Ghana, by Development Partners, and the Government of Ghana, The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (The Global Fund) has engaged JSI Logistics Services to render specific logistics support services, and complement MOH/GHS efforts to improve data visibility and performance in distribution of health commodities to health facilities." The contractor has an office in Accra and is looking for energetic, and competent persons to fill the advertised positions immediately.
Basic Role or Function
To support Central Medical Stores (CMS) to coordinate and implement logistics activities, support the general manager of the CMS, warehouse manager(s), shipment manager(s) in logistics and inventory management, support the provision of supportive supervision to regional medical stores, and coordinate feedback reporting on regional operation reports, and products available for use at CMS
The position (1) will be based at the CMS, Tema;
Duties and Responsibilities:
• In collaboration with Project Coordinator and CMS manager, provide supply chain management support to warehouse managers, and support general health commodity warehousing and distribution management systems strengthening initiatives.
• In collaboration with the central level authorities and CMS manager, support warehouse managers to prepare and submit accurate and timely inventory and stock status reports and follow up on submitted reports so that warehouse managers receive appropriate feedback from the manager and central level authorities.
• In collaboration with the CMS mangement, provide general technical logistics support and prepare and implement action plans to address logistics management issues especially stock status data collection, organization and timely submission to identified offices. Maintain and regularly update a database of health commodity logistics data.
• Support, participate in and monitor implementation of specific program or GHS innovations to improve logistics management practices at lower levels e.g. the Early Warning System (EWS), E-LMIS for ARVs, End Use Verification (EUV) etc
• Keep project management and GHS/MOH staff abreast with logistics situation at CMS
• Work in close collaboration with the scheduled delivery program managers at CMS and the RHAs, and with any distribution service providers to ensure that health commodities are distributed according to Good Distribution Practices, and the records to track the movement of the commodities are kept in an updated manner.
• Conduct supportive supervision for RMS, Districts and service delivery points of logistics operations in partnership with the RHAs, and other technical partners when available.
• Participate in forecasting, quantification and procurement planning of health commodities
• Any other duties assigned by the Supervisor
• Reports to the National Project Coordinator
Qualification Required & Experience
• First degree in warehousing management, health sciences, health information management, freight and shipping management, or supply chain management
• Post graduate qualification in warehousing management, freight and shipping management, supply chain management, health systems, health information or related field offers an advantage.
• Minimum of 2 years working experience working with health programs or support systems at the national, regional or community level
• Knowledge of the Ghana health system especially the Ghana public sector supply system for health commodities
• Willingness to participate in regional field travel
• Ability to form relationships and work closely with Central and Regional level Health authorities
• Good problem-solving, supervisory, coaching and interpersonal skills
• Excellent data analysis, presentation and report writing skills
• Excellent computer skills with spread sheet, word processing and other software, preferably Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Excellent written and oral English communication skills
• Ability to work independently and with team members and partners at all levels
• Ability to work under pressure with little supervision
• Capacity to manage numerous tasks and report in a timely manner
SUPERVISION AND REPORTING
The CMS logistic officer in the discharge of his duties and responsibilities shall collaborate with the management of the CMS and report to the National Project Coordinator.
How To Apply For The Job
Thank you for applying. Send your application letter and CV by email titled Logistics Support Officer to:-
20 September, 2014
Indicate salary expected. This is a full time position based in Tema. Work is expected to start on 1st Oct 2014. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.