ActionAid (AA) is a global movement of people working together to further human rights for all and end poverty.
ActionAid Ghana (AAG), an Affiliate of ActionAid is looking to employ an experienced and self- motivated individual to fill the position of Public Relations and Communication Coordinator. Role Overview:
The role is a management position and exists to manage the information resources of ActionAid (AA) Ghana by facilitating effective communication between AA Ghana and the external public and ensuring high brand visibility of AAG at all times.
The position has responsibility for working with key staff to fundraise for AAG. Key Responsibilities:
• Develop, roll out and monitor AAG communications strategy to maximize public awareness/engagement, donor support, advocacy and social change.
• Coordinates the development and implementation of AAG’s communications, public relations and campaign plans in line with the organization’s strategic direction and programme objectives.
• Ensure all ActionAid Ghana documentation is published in an appropriate format and language. Copied at: ghanacurrentjobs.com
• Manage the AAG website to ensure it is constantly updated, interesting and interactive–using appropriate social media platforms as one vehicle
• Build capacity of all staff and partners for effective media work. Provide media training on effective picture taking, radio and TV presentation, liaising with the media and writing compelling stories.
• Brand and profile ActionAid Ghana as the ‘charity of choice’ in Ghana, thus increasing the fundraising opportunities for AAG.
• Work with key staff to hold fundraising events, market places to raise the profile of AAG.
• Identify potential events that AAG can participate in to raise visibility in line with our brand image as the ‘charity of choice’.
• Design and produce a range of public information and communication materials concerning both ActionAid Ghana’s work and general development issues
• Manage local media relations through organization of media breakfasts /dinners editorial meetings etc. Qualification Required & Experience
The candidate must hold a post graduate degree in Communication / Public Relations or a relevant field with at least 5 years’ relevant experience or must possess a First Degree in Communication /Public Relations with 10 years’ proven track record that translates in the following:
• Knowledge of corporate reputation, website and social media management
• Knowledge of Child Protection issues
• Must have good understanding of civil society development work
• Ability to present and publish relevant discourse and articles on AAG
• Ability to facilitate learning and documentation among staff and partners
• Ability to train media personnel on relevant AAG interventions
• Ability to establish relevant relationships and maintain credibility with others over time
• Ability to persuade and be convincing to different audiences during public speaking and presentations
• Skillful in the use of social media tools
• Ability to initiate ideas/projects that add value to the overall programme results of AAG
• Ability to propose new and original ideas, approaches and solutions to problems
• Ability to pursue an agenda to its logical conclusion Job Circumstances:
This is a three (3) year renewable employment contract on national terms and conditions. The role involves frequent travel within Ghana. Monthly Base Salary Range:
GHS 2,328.83 – 4,730.28 Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Application Forms MUST be downloaded and submitted as below. Click Here For Application Form Curriculum Vitae (CVs) are NOT acceptable.
Completed Application Forms should be emailed to: [email protected]
or forwarded to: The Human Resource Manager P. O. Box AN 19083, Accra-North.
Tel: + 233 244 316 392 / +233 28 910 9560 Closing Date:
04 November, 2013
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted and invited for assessment by Tuesday, 19th November, 2013. “ActionAid Ghana is an equal opportunities employer. Whilst all applicants will be assessed strictly on their individual merits, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.”