The Borderless Alliance (BA) , officially launched in May 2012 is a private sector initiative, which provides an independent, sub-regional platform for leading producers, traders, transporters and financiers to propose and advocate for systemic and practical improvements to the movement of goods, transport, capital and services across West Africa.
Borderless Alliance activities include trade and investment missions, policy seminars and advocacy programs, the provision of information and support services and promotion of dialogue with West African governments to create an enabling business environment for private enterprises. All these activities are structured along six strategic pillars as specified in the BA Strategic Plan 2013 - 2017:
• Strengthening the capacity and institutional building of BA secretariat
• Building a strong and diversified membership base
• Gathering information, research and publications
• Providing technical services to members
• Advocacy and capacity building
• Ensuring strategic communication
Ensuring strategic communication includes the development of strategic communication tools and materials to increase visibility and prominence of BA, regular dissemination of information to stakeholders, coordination of BA national and regional advocacy campaigns with those of other strategic partners and effective engagement with the media on national and regional levels.
The Communications specialist will be based in the Borderless Alliance Secretariat in Accra but will travel if required to complete specific tasks within the region. The Communications specialist will be employed full time for the period of the contract. Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and implement a BA communication strategy and marketing tools, including management of the BA Database
• liaising with the IT Specialist in updating the BA website,
• Development of monthly and quarterly newsletter, BA promotional material, information guides and communication materials for trade shows, industry conventions, conferences and social media platform.
• Management of Borderless Magazine. Internal Reporting and External Reporting
• Editing of Trip reports
• Editing of outgoing letters, press releases, etc.
• Editing of BA reports (quarterly and annual reports, grant reports, etc.) as required Management of Media Relations
• Write and disseminate press releases to relevant media houses in the region.
• Maintain contact and manage relations with key newspapers, TV and Radio stations and relevant magazines in the region. Working Relationships:
• The communications specialist will work in close collaboration with other members of the Borderless Alliance. She/he will report directly to the Executive Secretary of the BA. Timing:
• This assignment is expected to commence on December 1st 2013. Qualification Required & Experience
• BA/BSc Degree or Professional qualification with minimum 5 years relevant work experience or Master’s degree with minimum 2 years relevant work experience.
• Excellent written/spoken French and English
• Proficiency in MS Office. Knowledge in Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator would be added advantage.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, especially in multicultural contexts; strong team player, networker and consensus builder.
• Solid organizational skills; flexible and able to perform well under pressure in a fast paced environment. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Interested Candidates are requested to submit an Application Letter together with a CV to: [email protected]
Closing Date: 29 July, 2014
• ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
• No phone calls please.