The Communication Specialist will work under the direction of the SARI Director with backstopping from the ATT Communication Specialist. She/he will be responsible for
• Establishing a system for internal communication within SARI. This could be in the form of an intranet extension on the SARI website and/or regular internal newsletters keeping scientists abreast of ongoing work.
• Document the ongoing research activities and make them available in a language understandable by the general public.
• Maintain and update the SARI website.
• Prepare and make ready for print four success stories per year on technology development, dissemination and adoption.
• Work with local media (newspaper, radio, television) to make SARI and its research activities better known to the public at large.
• Develop and make ready for print a quarterly newsletter intended for wide audience including NGOs, public sector etc.
• Assist in the development of audiovisual materials such as presentations, posters, banners to be used by SARI scientists and management at key presentations.
• Develop and maintain a photo library highlighting SARI research and technology development activities, key presentations and meetings etc.
• Assist in the organization of key events such as conferences and workshops. Qualification Required & Experience
• The successful candidate will have a Msc in communication or related discipline and a proven track record as communication Specialist in a multi-disciplinary organization.
• She/he will have a strong interest in biological sciences and a good understanding of agriculture and development issues is a plus.
• S/he will be fully computer literate and able to master the full MS Office suite and publishing software.
• S/he will be able to provide samples of success stories and other communication materials that s/he developed in the past. Location:
Tamale How To Apply For The Job
Qualified and interested candidates are kindly requested to send electronically their applications in the form of a letter of a one page letter and current CV describing their experience, qualifications and three reference contacts by email. Emails should be sent to:- [email protected]
and [email protected] Closing Date:
13 December, 2013
Applicants should indicate in the subject line of the email: Communication Specialist Position.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No telephone queries will be responded to.