The Local Governance and Decentralization Program (LOGODEP) is an originally three year USAID-funded program, which has been extended for two more years to be completed in August 2015. The Program has a mandate to cover the 22 Metropolitan, Municipal and District Assemblies (MMDAs) in Ghana’s Western Region. Our work is underpinned by USAID/Ghana’s Development Objective, “Strengthened, Responsive, and Democratic Governance.” LOGODEP is being implemented by MSI, an international development consultancy company based in Washington, DC, in collaboration with SNV, a Dutch development organization with strong experience in Ghana.
We work in five target MMDAs to: (a) expand public participation in local governance; (b) achieve integrated development planning to increase internally generated funds; and (c) strengthen linkages to local governance initiatives at national level. JOB TITLE:
The Local Governance and Decentralization Program (LOGODEP) is a five year USAID-funded program with a mandate to cover all 22 Metropolitan, Municipal and District Assemblies (MMDAs) in Ghana’s Western Region. Our work is underpinned by USAID/Ghana’s Strategic Objective 5, “Strengthened Democratic and Decentralized Governance through Civic Involvement.” LOGODEP is being implemented by MSI, an international development consultancy company based in Washington, DC, in collaboration with SNV, a Dutch development organization with strong presence and experience in Ghana.
We work in 5 MMDAs to: (a) expand public participation in local governance; (b) support targeted districts to increase the amount of funds they generate internally; and (c) achieve comprehensive development planning for local districts.
This is a fixed contract ending July 2015. Role
The communication officer will lead outreach to all LOGODEP stakeholders to ensure our activities are properly promoted and communicated. He/she will be responsible for the management and implementation of LOGODEP’s programs. Primary responsibilities:
The Communications Officer will coordinate the promotion of public image of LOGODEP’s activities which may include the publication of news and press releases, brochures and/or related materials. Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of five (5) years of professional experience in Communications, Community Outreach, Public Relations and/or a related field
• University degree required, Masters degree preferred
• Excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
• Experience working with Government of Ghana officials, Civil Society Organizations and Community Based Organizations
• Experience working with USAID and/or its development partners
• Experience utilizing social media tools and managing online content
• Ability to communicate well in Akan preferred.
• Must work well under pressure and generally outgoing and comfortable meeting new people. Due to the nature of the work he/she must be accurate, flexible, enthusiastic, and responsible. Location:
Takoradi, Western Region How To Apply For The Job
Detailed job profile is available upon request from the LOGODEP office Takoradi (PLOT No 42, Airport Ridge) or please email: [email protected]
Typed applications with CV, and details of three referees to reach the LOGODEP Program Management Unit by 16thMarch, 2014 addressed to [email protected]
or to MSI, DTD PLT 42, Airport Ridge, Takoradi. Closing Date:
16 March, 2014
• The right not to make an appointment is reserved.
• NOTE: ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED