World Vision International is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice.
For over three decades, World Vision has been working with rural communities in all 10 Administrative Regions of Ghana to provide portable water, promote sanitation and hygiene practices, quality education, particularly at the basic level, enhance food security and respond to disasters. Job Summary
World Vision Ghana (WVG) is looking for a highly qualified, proactive, motivated and resourceful person to fill the position of Communications Officer. Purpose of the Position
Working within a highly focused Communication and Marketing team, the Communications Officer will work closely with the Communications and Marketing Manager, providing editorial, strategic, creative and operational support across World Vision Ghana’s work.
He or she will play a key role in ensuring our communications are both influential and informative for the full range of our stakeholders. Major Responsibilities
• Support in the development of social media strategy & planning, including tactics for relevant digital channels for World Vision Ghana.
• Create and maintain social media accounts.
• Create innovative and exciting methods to raise awareness and engagement across both our online and offline marketing platforms.
• Develop, manage, update, write content for website and social media (Facebook, YouTube and Twitter)
• Monitor brand presence across Facebook, Youtube and Twitter and identify any emerging communities.
• Research innovations in emerging social communities and technologies.
• Monitor audience engagement and identify new ways to activate participation and feedback.
• Support the implementation of a social media strategy.
• Plan/create multi-media communications materials (photography, audio-visual documentation).
• Provide creative, editorial and operational support for communications projects.
• Assist in the implementation of public affairs activity.
• Compile and circulate electronic periodic news summary to WVG staff. Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications Social Sciences or other relevant discipline.
• Three years of relevant working experience in International communication, media and journalism.
• Skills in word processing excel and desktop publishing is an advantage.
• Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal and cross –cultural communications skills Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should send their application letters and CV quoting only the Job Position in the subject line to:- [email protected] Closing Date:
16 July, 2014 As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. WV is an equal opportunity employer.
• We believe in diversity and promote opportunities for all individuals.
• Qualified women are highly encouraged to apply.