World Vision International is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. Purpose of the position
To provide communications advice and guidance and to implement CHN communication’s plans for World Vision Ghana in line with the campaign design. The role will specifically ensure that the right communications resources are sought developed and distributed to the relevant audiences. Major Responsibilities
• Working with the Communications Manager to develop and implement communications plans for various World Vision Ghana programmes.
• Providing communications advice including crafting of relevant messages, use of the right media channels by critically developing strategic solutions to given communications challenges.
• Preparing written materials, internal newsletters (Vision Talk), press releases, media briefings, Questions and Answers, training documents, presentation materials and other communications products.
• Working closely with the World Vision videographer/editor in developing World Vision Ghana documentaries and features.
• Produce communication resources for World Vision web and social media outlets
• Participating in communications planning and briefing for example press conferences and media interviews
• Developing strong media relations with key local and international media
• Gathering resources for the World Vision partnership offices for Marketing, Communication and Advocacy. Actively contributed to World Vision communications resources like, Scribe, News Vision, Connections and Merlin
• Media support – Identification and facilitation of opportunities for World Vision to feature in local media.
• Photography and dissemination of photographic material to International Body of World Vision
• Videography and documentary support including idea formulation, conceptualisation and implementation
• Providing relevant communications training to Sub- Branch and IPA managers
• Providing relevant communication related support to EDR Department during emergencies
• Work closely with Marketing, Advocacy and Public Relations team Qualification Required & Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
• The holder of the position should have at least a Bachelor’s degree or Postgraduate Diploma in Mass communications/ Journalism or other relevant training from a recognised university or college.
• Should have a good command of both spoken and written English.
• Ability to write creatively and edit communication narratives or resources and reports.
• Should have good photography skills
• Should be computer literate and experienced in the use of basic software programmes.
• Should have adequate understanding of World Vision Operations to be able to work programmatically.
• Should be creative and a team player
• Should have media contacts
• Must be flexible, be ready to travel and work under pressure for long and irregular hours and meet strict deadlines.
• Must have a broad perspective on issues
• At least two years experience in busy corporate communications, print, electronic or social media office.
• Videography and video editing skills are an added advantage. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should send their application letters and cv quoting only the job title as the subject to:- [email protected] Closing Date:
22 October, 2013 All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. WV is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women are highly encouraged to apply.