Our client is a renowned and leading financial institution with an International presence and also in all the cities and most towns in the country. With over 160 branches spread across the Districts in the country, our client offers exciting and rewarding career opportunities to highly skilled and talented individuals and requires high calibre banking professionals to fill the following Senior Management position: Company Secretary
The Company Secretariat provides strategic communications and guidance to Board members Collectively and individually with respect to their duties, responsibilities and ensures that the bank complies with the Bank's regulations and all relevant statutory laws and regulations. The role holder ensures that information about stakeholders legitimate needs, interests and expectations are met.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Schedule Board and Committee meeting and ensure Directors are available to attend.
• Collaborate with Board Chairman, Managing Director and internal stakeholders in creating, maintaining and revising agendas for meetings
• Prepare background materials for annual Board evaluations.
• Advise Directors responsibilities including fiduciary obligations, regulatory and legal
• Responsible for coordinating activities for the Annual General Meetings (AGM) of shareholders
• Liaise with the Ghana Stock Exchange to ensure compliance stock exchange listing standards, including timely reporting
• Record deliberations and decisions of minutes at meetings.
• Improve shareholder communications by collaborating with share registry department to update records and disseminate information
• Assist resolve shareholder business related issues with the Bank to maintain the good image and reputation of the Bank
• Assist the preparation of the Bank’s Annual Report and prepares the Notice of AGM for publication.
• Ensure compliance with GCB Bank's regulations, SEC's regulations, companies Act, Stock Exchange Rules and Banking Act to avoid queries/penalties.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of first degree in the Law. A working knowledge of the banking sector local or international will be an added advantage.
• A full or partial qualification from the institute of chartered secretaries & Administrators is desirable
• A minimum of 10 years relevant experience with at least 5 years in a Senior Management role preferably in the financial sector.
How To Apply For The Job
Applicants may send their curriculum vitae and a short application referring to the role to the following address:
Senior Management Advert,
Or email to:
05 October, 2018