The successful candidate for this role will report to the Head, Business Support Systems and will have a core responsibility for all CBS related platforms, ensuring 100% performance as well as regular support/maintenance activities. (S)He will also be required to ensure the implementation of all network changes initiated by the Planning function and also perform acceptance tests and integration activities.
• Manage the CBS team to drive commercial initiative and related dependencies;
• Ensure business deliverables are executed within agreed timelines;
• Supervise end to end data generation for revenue reporting;
• Ensure configurations are done with first time right (FTR) targets-Vendor specific(Huawei OCS/CBS)
• Manage Trial testing and implement new node traffic distribution;
• Manage deployment of new product/Upgrade/service or enhancement;
• Ensure corrective actions from utilization reports are fully implemented by the team;
• Review available capacity and take the required actions where necessary;
• Manage new services and ensure they are tested and validated internally before starting UAT;
• Ensure all services are reviewed and assessed before deployment on the system;
• Manage performance of 2nd Line & routine maintenance of site equipment and take remedial action;
• Manage the end to end support during regional acceptance testing of network expansions and enhancements;
• Ensure detailed and accurate documentation is in place for engineering guidelines, software and hardware levels, connectivity diagrams and system parameters;
• Supervise the installation of new nodes commissioning and integration within the network;
• Manage relationship with various vendors for the deployment of new and sustaining releases;
• Ensure all security, safety and fire regulations are adhered to by the CBS team in the execution of their work.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A University degree in any field with emphasis on Computer Science and related disciplines. possession of an MBA or MSc. is a plus
• A minimum of Five (5) years’ experience in Telecom or in IT, O&M experience of similar platforms ideal;
• Good knowledge in Microsoft Visual Studio .Net C# (Web Services, DLL Integration, Console Applications, ASP.net, Flat file processing);
• Good working knowledge in JAVA, PHP and any other main stream software development tools;
• Strong Background in GSM Network particularly Core network expertise, and signaling knowledge;
• Professional level competence in UNIX platforms and Database Administration and good IT background;
• Strong Knowledge in shell scripting and basic programming;
• Proven experience in project management (For Telco’s preferably);
• Good understanding of computer system characteristics, features, and integration capabilities;
• Experience applying complex technologies to business strategies;
• Good Understanding of SS7 signaling and SIGTRAN will be an advantage.
How to Apply For the Job
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Applications & Curriculum Vitae to:
Kindly indicate the role you are applying for in the email subject.
23 October, 2018
While we appreciate all interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted due to the volume of applications.
Ready to be part of our dynamic and innovative team? At AirtelTigo, we enhance the value of our employees by providing long-term growth and opportunities in an ever-evolving work environment. Our values are at the core of what we do and represents who we are; simplicity, integrity, passion, Transparency. Initiate your journey to be part of our world-class team and experience a rewarding career.