• To comply with the FAN Field Engineer Job standards and behaviours in conjunction with the requirements detailed in this
• Doing installations at the Exchange and Customer ends.
• Testing and configuration of Line-drivers, modems, routers and other Customer-End-Equipment to be used.
• Ensure all work is carried out in compliance with Vodafone safety requirements
• Maintain high quality of workmanship standards whilst being as efficient and cost effective as possible
• To carry out work appropriate to the role and training as directed by line manager in an efficient and courteous manner
• To inform line management of any reasons for lateness, failure to report, or withdrawal from duty
• Brainstorming with relevant stakeholders and drawing a diagrammatic representation of how requested service will be delivered.
• Delivery of own work within timescales and commitment time
• To deliver effective and timely service delivery in line with Vodafone practices and behaviours
• Testing and certifying the quality of Copper, Radio or fiber cores to be used.
• To ensure Network/Data records are updated on job completion
• Doing an end-to-end test of services provided
• Extensive knowledge of various Ghana Telecom’s Data network infrastructure
• Microsoft office package such as Power point, Excel, Project and Visio
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Be able to think creatively, to innovate and resolve technical problems
• Ability to both lead and work as a team member within the FAN field Operation teams
• Good communication skills with customers and colleagues
• Ability to demonstrate behaviours that portray Vodafone as a professional Company
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics, Electrical, Communications Engineering, or Computer Science with minimum of 3 years working experience in a related field or HND in Electrical & Electronics with minimum of 5 years working experience in a related field or its related qualification.
• Extensive knowledge in Telecommunication networks architecture
• Hand-on experience on IP Networks and infrastructure
• Experience in the design and/or implementations of the last-mile of Lease-lines, WAN and data services Working and understanding of IP/MPLS VPN technologies
• Basic PABX Configuration Basic IT skills
• CCNA is an added advantage
• Must have clean driving record, and possess valid driving incense
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should:
Click Here To Apply Online
30 September, 2014