• The main responsibility of the Data Analysis Officer involves understanding, analyzing, interpreting and reporting/presenting data collected from the field. He/she should present his/her conclusions in charts, graphs or spreadsheets, for easy understanding by NTS Stakeholder.
• The main responsibility of the Data Analysis Officer involves understanding, analyzing, interpreting and reporting/presenting data collected from the field. He/she should present his/her conclusions in charts, graphs or spreadsheets, for easy understanding by National Targeting System (NTS) stakeholders. He/She must import, clean, validate and analyse data, often using databases designed for this purpose. He/she must also write reports, and answer questions concerning the targeting results. The officer should be able to generate reports to meet the needs of all stakeholders of the NTS.
He/she will work in direct coordination with the Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist. The Data Analysis Officer will perform the following duties:
• Develop and implement a work plan for data coordination, cleaning, analysis and reporting
• Perform data analysis, interpretation, recording and reporting in accordance with NTS guidelines and standards.
• Facilitate data collection, collation, data validation and storage of all NTS Data on a daily basis.
• Sort and organize the targeting data; both hard copy and electronic versions.
• Transmit data report to Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist.
• Facilitate/ coordinate staff for data entry when required.
• Provide data management updates in all internal and external meetings, as required.
• Analyze data for quality improvement purposes.
• Prepare data for reporting, meetings, and presentations.
• Ensure data management procedures comply with standard of NTS policies.
• Provide a variety of statistical analyses of data.
• Prepare and submit data required for audits.
• Undertake any other related assignments by the NTU Coordinator or M&E Specialist. Reporting Responsibility
• In the discharge of his/her duties, the Data Analysis Officer will report to the Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist. He/she will prepare and submit quarterly reports to NTU Coordinator Duration of Assignment
• The Contract will last for one (1) year initially, but renewable for a second year subject to satisfactory performance Qualification Required & Experience
• At least a Master's degree in computer science, information.,science or management information science; statistics or a related field.
• Knowledge and experience using MySQL database platform, with proven skills in management, design, analysis and implementation of large data management systems.
• A minimum of five (5) years of relevant professional experience.
• Candidates should possess computer skills, and analysts techniques.
• Professional qualifications in statistics and experience working in a data-oriented environment.
• Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
• Ability to handle multiple assignments.
• Be a results/ solution-Oriented person.
• Excellent managerial, interpersonal, and problem solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability to build, manage and work in a team and work under pressure.
• National/international experience in Social Protection is an advantage. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidate should send CVs to:- National Coordinator, National Targeting Unit Ministry of Gender, Children and Social Protection P. O. Box MBO 186 Ministries, Accra, Ghana [email protected] Closing Date:
07 January, 2016
• PLEASE INDICATE CLEARLY THE TITLE OF THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR ON THE ENVELOPE
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.