Ghana Civil Aviation Authority
Aviation Industry / Shipping
Job Vacancy For Deputy Director Of Air Traffic Safety Engineering At Ghana Civil Aviation Authority
The Authority seeks to invite applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the under-mentioned vacancy in the Air traffic Safety Engineering Department
Deputy Director Of Air Traffic Safety Engineering
Under the immediate supervision of the Director of Air Traffic Safety Engineering, the successful candidate in consultation with the Director will determine and translate the specification, planning, supply, installation, commissioning flight testing and certification and maintenance of the ground based electronics systems used for Air Navigation services to ensure safety-of-life during all phases of flight. These include the under listed facilities as well as the future Air Navigation System:
1. Satellite Communications Units
2. Radar Unit(Primary & Secondary)
4. Non- Direction Beacons (NDB)
5. Microwave Links
6. HF and VHF Radios
7. Telephone and Auxiliary Equipment
8. New CNS/ATM Facilities (ADS-B, ADS-C, Multilateration systems, GNSS)
9. Automatic Weather Observation Systems
10. UPS and Battery charger Systems
• Initiate, plan and develop programmes for the smooth running of the Air Traffic Safety Electronic Department.
• Plan the procurement, installation, commissioning and operation of all Air Navigation equipment (listed above) and other ancillary equipment and their exploitation.
• Plan, coordinate and monitor predictive, preventive and scheduled maintenance activities for all Air Navigation Equipment and other ancillary equipment to ensure availabilities of 99.7%.
• Coordinate the preparation of tender documents and specifications for award of contract to purchase Air Navigation Equipment and other ancillary equipment
• Responsible for the implementation of new Communication Navigation Surveillance facilities and Airport Systems.
• Has immediate supervision of the Managers for communication, Navigation, Surveillance and Calibration/workshop.
• Represent the Authority at approved meetings on CNS/ATM and other engineering
• Study and advise the Director and external bodies on ICAO frequency spectrum and other related policy issues.
• Serve as GCAA technical liaison in the Joint Management of the Accra FIR
• Ensure compliance to ICAO Standards and Recommended Practices (Annex 10) on Aeronautical Telecommunications for Air Navigations Service installations
• Act for the Director in his absence in consonance with the department structure
• Sit on tender evaluation committees and other non-technical committees
Qualification Required & Experience
ESSENTIAL – The applicant must:
• Possess a minimum of Bachelor’s degree inTelecommunication/ Electrical Engineering from a recognized tertiary institution
• Have a minimum of 15 years post qualification experience of which 10 years should be a senior supervisory position
• With a good writing knowledge in Air Navigation and Airport Engineering Systems
• Understand the concepts and equipment courses in Communications/Navigations/ Surveillance and Airport Systems
• Possess an MBA/ EMBA or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
• Have received ATSEP Phases i, II & 111 Specific Training on some systems/equipment for licensing and rating.
• Be a Senior Member or Fellow of the Ghana Institute of Engineers
B.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Have good knowledge in Air Navigation and Airport Engineering Systems
• Be abreast with modern technologies used for the provision of air navigation services
• Know ICAO and ITU regulations and policies and be in a position to advise the Authority on aviation-related technical issues
• Have good communication and interpersonal skills, be a team builder and a player
• Be computer literate
• Be able to work with minimum supervision and under pressure
How To Apply For The Job
All applications with curriculum vitae including telephone, fax numbers and/or e-mail addresses must be addressed to::
DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES
GHANA CIVIL AVIATION AUTHORITY
PRIVATE MAIL BAG - KOTOKA
Closing Date: 14 March, 2014
• Applications without the relevant abovementioned documentation will not be considered.
• ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED.