The College's Chief Executive or Director will lead the College to achieve its vision and fulfill its mission, and will playa key role in developing its diverse educational and training agenda at local, regional and national levels. He/she will be responsible and accountable to the College for the formulation, development and implementation of the strategies necessary to secure and successfully position the College for the future.
Vision, Strategy & Leadership
• Provide inspirational leadership to staff and learners whilst ensuring the delivery of outstanding organizational, vocational, and academic performance across a broad spectrum of activities, including the promotion of excellence in teaching and learning.
Governance & Management
• Provide professional advice to the College on matters connected with the College's educational character, mission and vision, acting in accordance with the Instruments & Articles of Government, relevant legislation, codes of practice and standards as identified by the Governing Board.
• Lead the College's strategic planning processes within the framework set by the College. Oversee the collation, dissemination, monitoring, review and evaluation of the strategic plan within the timescales required by the College and appropriate external stakeholders.
Education Provision and Training
• Ensure the College provides a relevant, inclusive and progressive curriculum, which is accessible to students, exhibits high quality teaching and learning, and make the most effective use of its resources and opportunities.
• Promote and enhance the reputation, profile and interests of the College, creating and maintaining partnerships that will bring new opportunities for revenue and income streams, learners, staff and the community.
• Actively undertake a key local, regional and national role in influencing the debate and future direction of further and higher education strategies that impact on local and regional skills.
Management of Resources
• Obtain the highest possible level of efficiency of the human, physical and financial resources of the College to ensure that excellent financial, resources and strategic management of its diverse portfolio of activities are in place.
• Act as an exceptional ambassador for the College with the capacity to command credibility and respect in order to maintain and enhance its position as an outward facing institution that is strategically influential in the sector
Qualification Required & Experience
• Must have a 1st degree
• Must have a 2nd Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Insurance, Actuarial Science or Education
• Must have the ability to work independently and exercise professional judgement and behavior
• Must have an Insurance Associateship designation. An additional Associateship designation in an Insurance related profession will be an advantage
• Must have a Master's Degree in Business Administration or and an MPhil in Insurance, Statistics or Risk Management
• Should have at least 10 years' working experience with a Senior Management level exposure of not less than 5 Years.
• A PHD Candidate will be an added advantage
• Must have some teaching experience, and able to teach at least Four professional subjects and have a blend of Academia and Insurance Practice
• Alumnus of the College will be given much Consideration
How To Apply For The Job
Interested persons should forward their CV's and applications letters with Three Referees to the Office of the
Human Resource Committee -
Ghana Insurance College (G.I.C)
Appiah Ampofo House,
National Insurance Commission,
PMB CT 23,
Cantonments - Accra
15 September, 2017