Fair Wages and Salaries Commission
Executive / Management
Job Vacancy For Director, Grievances, Negotiation And Collective Bargaining At Fair Wages and Salaries Commission
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and review guidelines and procedures for effective and efficient negotiations
• Manage negotiation processes efficientiy to ensure industrial harmony;
• Liaise with the National Labour Commission in the settlement of industrial disputes.
• Collaborate with the Ministry of Finance (MOF) and the Ministry of Employment and Labour Relation (MELR) to ensure that mandates are provided for negotiations;
• Ensure the development and maintenance of good relations with various Stakeholders;
• Liaise with the Grievances Review Committee for effective resolution of appeals;
• Oversee the day-to-day administration of the Grievance,Negotiations and Collective Bargaining Directorate, including staff performance management and the provision of inputs for corporate budget preparation in collaboration with relevant directorates;
• Prepare and submit quarterly and annual reports on the performance of the directorate to the Chief Executive.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of a good first degree from a recognised University in Human Resource Management, Law, or Social Sciences plus a Master's Degree in Human Resource Management, Industrial Psychology, Labour Economics or related discipline. A professional qualification in Law will be an added advantage.
• A minimum of ten (10) years post qualification relevant work experience, five (5) years of which should have been in a Senior Management position.
Must possess demonstrable expertise in a number of the following
• Industrial Relations;
• Administrative and interpersonal skills;
• Knowledge in Legal procedures;
• Negotiation skillls;
• Knowledge in conflict management and grievance handling;
Skills and Abilities:
• Must be confident and fair to all stakeholders
• Leadership skills
• Supervisory, mentoring and coaching skills,
• Good communication and interpersonal skills,
• Computer Literacy,
How To Apply For The Job
Applications should be forwarded, together with supporting documents, a statement of applicant's vision for the position, Curriculum Vitae, office and residential telephone numbers, e-mail and addresses of three (3) referees to:
PUBLIC SERVICES COMMISSION
P. O. BOX GP 1618
Closing Date: 28 August, 2015