Established in 2002, the International Cocoa Initiative (ICI) is the leading organisation promoting child protection in cocoa-growing communities. ICI works with the cocoa industry, civil society and national governments in cocoa-producing countries to ensure a better future for children and contribute to the elimination of child labour.
The International Cocoa Initiative (ICI) (www.cocoainitiative.org) seeks a Driver to support its operations in Ghana.
Under the supervision of the ICI Admin. Assistant, the Office Driver will be responsible for facilitating all travels to support projects and implementation of projects.
Main tasks and responsibilities
Drive ICI team
• It is the Driver’s responsibility to ensure the safety of all passengers in his vehicle on any trip.
• Drive ICI Ghana team to Regional, District and community to implement activities
• Drive ICI Ghana team and visitors on field missions within Ghana safely.
• Drive ICI Ghana staff to meetings on time
• Verify security information for the journey and destination prior to departure and arrival and advise staff accordingly
• Run official errands for office.
Good records keeping and adherence to road safety measures
• Complete vehicle log book whenever the vehicle is moved.
• Take accurate records of mileage and fuel bought
• Take records of number of field missions and meetings driving ICI staff.
Compliance with road safety rules
• Comply with road safety measures (No over speeding, wrong overtaking, etc)
• Ensure prompt renewal of road worthy certificate for the vehicle before it is expired
• Ensure prompt renewal of driving license
• Ensure the renewal of vehicle insurance by sending alerts to Admin. Assist.
Maintain the ICI vehicle and ensure it is always in good condition
• With approval, send vehicle for regular and routine maintenance
• Bodily maintenance 0f vehicle by uundertake daily cleaning of outside and inside of the vehicle
• Ensuring the safety of vehicle by parking at safe and secure place
• Ensuring the replacement of necessaries like fire extinguisher, triangle, first aid-box, battery cable, spare tyre, etc.) in the Vehicle.
Financial approval for all transactions:
• Seek approval for vehicle maintenance at least 3 days before it is due
• Seek approval for maintenance and purchase of fuel to the vehicle
• Liquidate all expenses at most 3 working days after the activity is done
Qualification Required & Experience
• Applicant should hold at least a Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE) qualification.
• A Senior High School (SHS or SSS) qualification is preferable.
• He should possess a minimum of 3 years’ experience in long-journey driving.
How To Apply For The Job
Please send documents with the titles “ cover letter”. Please put “Driver” in the email subject line:
Applications must be received by close of day 7th of May 2018.
• NB: ICI has zero-tolerance for all forms of child neglect, abuse (sexual, physical, emotional, and psychological) and exploitation (sexual and commercial).
• ICI commits to put the best interest of the child first, and at the centre of its work, irrespective of a child’s ability, ethnicity, faith, gender, sexuality and culture.
• ICI recognizes its responsibility to ensure and to promote a safe and secure environment for children. To effectively manage risks to children, ICI requires the commitment, support and cooperation of all staff, associates, partners, suppliers, service-providers and visitors. By applying at ICI, you automatically agree to the above term and uphold the principles described herein
07 May, 2018