Titagya Schools is a Ghanaian-US NGO dedicated to dramatically improving the quality of education in sub-Saharan Africa, with a current focus on northern Ghana. We operate three pre-schools and kindergartens for 200 children in northern Ghana, as well as a teacher-training program for public-school educators.
We are looking for an educator-leader to join our small, dynamic management team in Dalun. Please see the responsibilities and qualifications below. Compensation is competitive. It will initially be a role carried out on a contract-basis for six months. Responsibilities will include the following:
• Working closely and collaboratively with Titagya teachers on approaches to and assessments of teaching and learning to build a culture of continuous reflection and creativity.
• Leading a teacher-training initiative in which we offer workshops for educators on topics related to child-centred education and professional growth. The workshops take place in partnership with Bryn Mawr College, the University for Development Studies, and the GES.
• Initiating/conducting follow-up visits to select schools that participate in trainings to understand challenges to implementing changes and help them overcome key barriers.
• Starting & implementing new learning initiatives within Titagya-run schools. Build trust & relationships across schools so as to be able to share practices that work well at Titagya-run schools with other schools.
• Being an overall strong team member, including willingness to help with other areas when necessary, accept constructive criticism, and experiment.
• Identifying and pursuing priorities within Titagya’s schools and the educator-training program. Supporting planning for the program’s future. Qualification Required & Experience
• University degree in Education. 5+ years working in Education and 3+ years in Early Childhood Education. Passion for and strong familiarity with interactive, child-centred education vs. traditional rote-memorization.
• Experience working with a fast-growing organization and managing people.
• Excellent communication skills, including the ability to quickly gain the trust of educators, government officials, and parents/school communities.
• Strong project management skills, including the ability to plan, lead/execute, and measure complex tasks.
• Ability to work well in a team setting, while also being accountable for individual targets.
• Ability to write effectively and to use email and social media to communicate with partners.
• Highly-motivated and trustworthy individual. Open to other people’s ideas and different ways of approaching tasks. Respectful and friendly to people at all levels of the organization.
• Entrepreneurial, proactive, and willing to do tasks such as copying papers without an assistant. Initiates tasks and suggests priorities rather than having to be instructed on what to do.
• Willing to move to Dalun, Kumbungu District. Location:
Dalun, Northern Ghana How To Apply For The Job
For more information, please send your CV and cover letter to Mr. Mahama Safianu, Project Manager at:- [email protected]
or to :- Titagya Schools, Dalun Road, Dalun
The contact number is +24 254 9189. Closing Date:
08 January, 2014
Please also visit Titagya Schools’ website at www.titagyaschools.org