Asanko Gold Ghana Ltd
Job Vacancy For Emergency Response Officer
Asanko Gold Ghana Limited Ghana Ltd. (“AGGL”) is a fully-owned subsidiary of Asanko Gold Inc., a company which has built the Asanko Gold Mine, Ghana’s newest gold mine. The vision of Asanko is to become a mid-tier gold mining company that maximizes value for all stakeholders.
AGGL is seeking to employ a suitably qualified person to fill the role below. This is a Fixed term position with a competitive work roster. Remuneration package includes attractive salary and other incentives.
This is a challenging and professionally rewarding opportunity that will allow the successful candidate to demonstrate his/her abilities.
Position: Emergency Response Officer
• Provide basic training related to Evacuation Plan, emergency exits, PPEs to employees, contract workers and suppliers;
• Identify potential hazard and follow-up for necessary CAPA and provide time- to- time debriefing for ERT team;
• Ensure fire extinguishers are properly hanged, expiry monitored, safety pins are fixed, and seals are not broken;
• Ensure employees, vendors adhere to safety instructions, PPEs and GMP guidelines where required;
• Ensure proper functioning of fire hydrants and maintain availability of emergency water supplies;
• Respond to incidents, including natural disasters and assess the situation to determine the level of response required;
• Act as duty officer as part of a 24-hour duty system, responding to emergency situations as they arise;
• Observe and plan for potential risks, such as outbreaks of infections or disease, technical failure of electricity networks, major gas leaks and severe weather conditions and follow-up CAPA;
• Observe and assesse staff who may be demonstrating signs of stress and intervene as appropriate and inform their area Supervisor/Manager;
• Advise employees in the area of any potential threat and/or initiate evacuation procedures;
• Eliminate potential ignition sources and initiate initial response actions;
• Restrict access to incident scenes and surrounding areas and take necessary action to minimize any threat to health and safety;
• Coordinate further response actions with Incident Commander and local responders;
• Confirm safety aspects on site, including need for personal protective equipment, sources of ignition, and potential need for evacuation;
• Minimizing distress and suffering, including giving first aid before ambulance crews arrives;
• Operate the fire tender and related equipment and safeguarding property during fire emergencies;
• Undertake fire drills and training on the use of fire equipment, fire techniques, and related fire issues;
• Maintain the level of physical fitness of fire personnel necessary to carry out all the duties of a firefighter;
• Perform and related duties as may be assigned from time to time by supervisor.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Degree or postgraduate in Engineering, Sciences or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
• Five years’ firefighting, training management and related experience in a similar position;
• Experienced and Knowledgeable in firefighting techniques, fire equipment, chemical hazards etc;
• Knowledge in emergency medical procedures and fire prevention;
• Working with the GNFS or related organisation for 2 - 3 years will be an added advantage;
• Ability to evaluate the Severity, Potential Impact, Safety Concerns, and Response Requirements based on initial
information provided by First Person On-Scene;
• Experienced in receiving and transmitting information, maintain situational awareness, and communicate with all
components within the incident organization to ensure effective supervision, direction, and response controls;
• Ability to operate a fire tender and be conversant with its component;
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suites and related applications would be an advantage;
• Must be medically fit for the position and environment;
• Must possess a valid Ghanaian driving license and have the ability to drive in rough terrain.
How To Apply For The Job
Applications, together with detailed curriculum vitae with proof of educational qualifications should be submitted by
the deadline date to:
Unit Manager – HR & Administration
Asanko Gold Ghana Limited
No. 4, Sir Arku Korsah Road, Airport Residential Area
P. O. Box CT 6153, Accra - Ghana
Closing Date: 11 July, 2018
Please note: only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview.