To provide, manage and direct a cost effective engineering maintenance (plant) services to all operational sites wrt AEL plants to meet the business needs, safety and all other Company and Departmental requirements to ensure continuous operations/production.
The principal accountabilities of the successful applicant will include:
• To manage in collaboration with SHEQ department the engineering maintenance team to ensure that SHEQ requirements are met.
• To ensure that engineering systems, registers and personnel records are maintained and controlled for effective operations and best practice
• To set and agree on engineering and maintenance standards at the engineering workshop with head of Ops and Engineering to ensure consistency and best practice and safe operations
• To ensure the effective control and maintenance of functional budget and managed within sanctioned amount and to ensure inventory is within acceptable levels
• Ensure that all engineering activities performed to required standards to ensure that all engineering standards, policies and regulations are complied with
• Assist with technical input to solve process and engineering problems to ensure timeous resolutions and documentation for organizational knowledge management
• Plant maintenance and development improvements implemented and corrective action taken in problem areas to improve machine efficiencies
• Establish good and effective relationship with customers and suppliers to ensure thorough understanding of company needs and performance requirements are met always in a safe manner
• To manage, lead and develop direct reports to ensure career growth and development in collaboration with HC.
• To perform any other duties within his/her competencies as the exigencies of the job require to ensure efficient and continuous business operations
Qualification Required & Experience
• Tertiary qualification in appropriate Engineering field or its equivalent with at least
• 5 years’ working experience in engineering management level
• Professional/statutory qualification as an Engineer, or holder of certificate of competency as Engineering Superintendent /Manager
• Must have committed attitude towards onsite Health and Safety standards.
• Must have sound knowledge in project management.
• Good coaching, organizational and leadership skills
• Knowledge and understanding of minerals and mining Acts and Regulation.
• Must have knowledge and understanding of Hydraulic and Pneumatic systems, electrical and electronic systems.
• Must be computer literate, proficient in MS office suite, Excellent communication skills.
• Good reporting and presentation skills, Good inter-personal skills
Bogoso, Western Region
How To Apply For The Job
Interested persons should apply in writing plus a CV to:
The Human Capital Manager,
AEL Mining Services,
P.O. Box 58,
All applications should be sent as attachments electronically to:
The subject line for the email should read: "Engineering Manager"
12 December, 2014