Purpose of Job:
The Engineering Manager will report to the General Manager and will be responsible for the development and implementation of the strategic as well as operational engineering policies, standards and procedures to ensure optimal plant availability, cost control, minimise operational risks and the availability of critical parts and inventory analysis in line with the strategic objective of the business. He/she will maintain a safe and friendly environment in compliance with ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 requirements. The Engineering Manager will be required to ensure effective liaison with Government agencies such as the inspector of Machinery, The Electricity Company of Ghana, VRA, GRiCO, etc. for the achievements of the business objectives.
The Engineering Manager will also ensure the development, mentoring and coaching of the human resources in the department and focus on safety, risk management, the identification and elimination of plant throughput constraints Key Responsibilities:
• Head up and manage all engineering standards, processes, procedures, preventative maintenance, plant shut downs, breakdowns
• Implementation of proactive maintenance strategies and programmes.
• Critical parts analysis and inventory management.
• Ensure operational cost control and risk mitigating initiatives.
• Development and mentoring of engineering staff.
• Meeting high environmental and safety standards.
• Maintain a safe and friendly environment ensuring that effective engineering standards and procedures are developed and implemented in compliance with (SO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 requirements. Qualification Required & Experience
• A Degree or Higher National Diploma in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
• Government Certificate of Competency (Mechanical or Electrical)
• Minimum 10 years engineering experience.
• Professional Certificated Engineer with a relevant certification body
• Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Work experience on CIL and CIP Plants and building infrastructure maintenance.
• Well-developed oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrable understanding of good engineering practices and the implementation of proactive maintenance strategies.
• A hands-on approach and be willing to work long hours to obtain the required results.
• The ability to meet diverse engineering challenges within the broad scope of the engineering field pertaining to production orientated activities.
• Possess working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel Power point and Project Scheduler.
• Minimum of 5 years management experience in a maintenance function in mining or mineral processing.
• Knowledge of crushers, screens, conveyors and pumps is essential for this function.
• Medical fitness for the position and environment. It would be advantageous if applicants have:
• Knowledge of SAP planned maintenance module.
• Experience in management of Maintenance and Repair Contracts.
• Engineering Managers Certificate in Ghana. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Interested parties should submit detailed curriculum vitae to: [email protected] Closing Date:
03 December, 2013
Gold Fields is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity in employment. NOTE:
Applicants who receive no response to their applications within 14 days may consider their application for the position to be unsuccessful.