Asanko Gold Ghana Limited Ghana Ltd. (“AGGL”) is a fully-owned subsidiary of Asanko Gold Inc., a company which has built the Asanko Gold Mine, Ghana’s newest gold mine. The vision of Asanko is to become a midtier gold mining company that maximizes value for all stakeholders.
AGGL is seeking to employ a suitably qualified person to fill the role below. This is a Fixed term position with a competitive work roster. Remuneration package includes attractive salary. This is a challenging and professionally rewarding opportunity that will allow the successful candidate to demonstrate his/her abilities. Position:
Engineering Supervisor - Mechanical Key Responsibilities:
• Directs, maintains and enforces the safety program; assist to review safety policies and procedures to uphold standards of maximum safety for all maintenance personnel;
• Coordinates or installs, inspects, repairs and maintain mechanical engineering equipment;
• Supervises and assigns work to mechanical technicians;
• Inspects work for completeness;
• Responsible for the conduct of planned mechanical maintenance services, control of labour and the procurement of materials for unscheduled and emergency work;
• Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by his supervisor.
• Maintain effective Health and Safety systems, including completion of risk assessments and SOP’s.
• Ensure housekeeping, productivity, and quality of work standards are maintained, most especially within the mechanical maintenance department. Qualification Required & Experience
• Degree or HND in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent qualification from a recognised tertiary institution;
• Five (5) years mechanical engineering experience preferably in the mining industry;
• Five (5) years supervisory experience preferably in the mining industry;
• Problem solving and decision making skills;
• Ability to apply knowledge of standards, methods and procedures to work situation;
• Dynamic knowledge and understanding of engineering practices in the Mining environment;
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills;
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, database management;
• Medically fit for the position and environment;
• Valid Ghanaian Driver’s license. Location:
Ghana How to Apply For the Job
When applying, please follow the guidelines below to maximise the success of your application:
• Include an introductory paragraph in your covering letter explaining why you believe you are suited to the role you are applying for
• Limit your CV to 4 pages
• Your CV must include demographic detail, qualifications, work experience and a minimum of two referees
• List your most recent positions first
• Include copies of relevant, original certificates and academic records
• Please ensure you email [email protected]
when applying for a job.
• Please put the job title you are applying for in the email subject line.
Applications, together with detailed curriculum vitae and proof of qualifications, should be submitted by the
deadline date to: Unit Manager – HR & Administration, Asanko Gold Ghana Limited No. 4, Sir ArkuKorsah Road, Airport Residential Area, P. O. Box CT 6153, Accra-Ghana.
Or email: [email protected] Closing Date:
08 August, 2017
Please note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.