Ministry of Energy and Petroleum
Job Vacancy For Environmental and Social Specialist At Ministry of Energy and Petroleum (Tamale)
The Government of the Republic of Ghana has received a grant funding support trom the Government of Switzerland, represented by the Swiss State Secretariat for Economic Affairs (SECO) and the International Development Association (IDA) of the World Bank toward the cost of the Ghana Energy Development and Access Project (GEDAP), and it intends to apply part of the funds to payments under the contracts for the Recruitment of Project Staff for NEDCO Project Implementation Unit
• The Environmental and Social Specialist will operate at the NEDCo Head Office in Tamale. The assignment will be for two years, with the possibility of renewa annually subject to work requirements and satisfactory performance of the lives of the NEDCo projects.
• The Environmental and Social Specialist will report to the Project Manager anc will support NEDCo to ensure that NEDCo makes environmental considerations a priority in ail business planning and decision-making and all its projects comply with relevant national and international environmental protection regulations.
• The Environmental and Social Specialist will prepare annual work plans, monthly and quarterly progress reports on NEDCos' environmental and social activities with approval by the Project Director as well as annual reports on assignment outputs and an end-of-assignment report that is to be signed off by the Project Director.
• The Environmental and Social Specialist will also establish close and cooperative working relationships with the heads of other sections of the PIU and NEDCo's Director, Engineering Services who is the Project Director for all the NEDCo projects..
• Undertake any other responsibility that will ensure smooth and effective implementation of NEDCO's projects,
Remuneration: Competitive salary
Job Location: NEDCo Head Office, Tamale
Contract Duration: Two (2) years; with the possibility of renewal annually subject to satisfactory performance
Qualification Required & Experience
• Membership of the International Association of Impact Assessment
• First Degree in environmental and social studies with at least ten (10) years proven post qualification experience. Masters degree in environmental and social studies will be an advantage;
• Good knowledge of concepts, principles and approaches to environmental and social feasibility studies;
• Good knowledge and experience in preparation of reports of environmental and social feasibility studies;
• Knowledge, skills and experience in environmental and social studies for Donor Funded projects will be advantage.
• Computer Literate
How To Apply For The Job
Qualified and interested applicants should send application letters with copies of curriculum vitae, certificates and other relevant documentation by 07 November 2014 to:
The Project Coordination Unit (Attn: Project Coordinator)
Ghana Energy Development And Access Project (GEDAP)
(2nd Floor, Room 215, Ministry of Energy and Petroleum Building, Accra)
Ministry of Energy and Petroleum
P. O. Box SD 310, Accra
Closing Date: 07 November, 2014
Email submissions are not acceptable. Submission details must include telephone/mobile contact and email addresses to facilitate early and easy contact.