DFID remains one of the largest bilateral donors in Ghana but we are in transition towards a smaller spending programme that focuses more on providing high-level advice in support of Ghana’s position as a Lower Middle Income Country. The UK Government will provide more than £125m of aid to Ghana each year for the next four years - through the bilateral programme managed directly by DFID Ghana, through programmes run from DFID in UK and through other UK Government Departments’ programmes.
The office in Accra currently has around twenty programmes covering education, health, social protection, gender, economic development, governance and accountability. We work with a range of different partners to deliver these programmes - including Government, non-government organisations, and private sector suppliers. We also work very closely with other development partners, including the World Bank, United Nations, International Monetary Fund, European Union and with other bilaterals. We work increasingly closely with other parts of the UK Government represented in Accra.
• SALARY: GHS59, 364
per annum / 4,947 per month
• REFERENCE NO:
Main responsibilities and deliverables
Please see attached Job Description (Executive Assistant JD) Generic civil service and international competencies:
• Seeing the Big Picture
• Leading and communicating
• Making Effective Decisions
• Collaborating and Partnering
• Managing a Quality Service
• Delivering at Pace Location:
Accra How to Apply For the Job
For a full job description, application procedures, application form and additional documents go to this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/world/organisations/dfid-ghana/about/recruitment
If you experience difficulties in retrieving the above, request the application pack from the [email protected]
email, clearly stating the reference no: “GHA/0917” in the subject line of your mail. Important – HOW TO APPLY
• The candidate must complete the application form and send it to the
• with a copy of their most recent CV
• Please quote the following reference number when applying
• GHA/0917”. Failure to do so may result in your application not being viewed.
• The closing date for the vacancy is 12 noon on Thursday, 6 July 2017. If Closing Date:
17 July, 2017
Feedback will only be given to candidates who reached the interview stage.