The Ghana Wildlife Society (GWS), a non-governmental conservation organisation. Job Summary
The Ghana Wildlife Society, a non-governmental conservation organisation in Ghana is seeking a highly motivated professional to lead the organisation The primary function of the position is to provide vision and leadership for the overall development of the Society and the implementation of coherent conservation programmes that address priority nature and environmental conservation issues in Ghana. The specific responsibilities of the Executive Director include:
• Provides overall direction and leadership for the development and implementation of the Society’s strategic plan.
• Ensures the development of a portfolio of projects/programmes addressing priority areas agreed in the strategic plan.
• Fund-raise to ensure that the Society’s projects are well-funded and ensures growth, financing and implementation of the Society’s programmes. Qualification Required & Experience
• A higher degree (PhD, Masters or equivalent) in natural resource management, biological science, conservation and development or any relevant field.
• Technical proficiency in nature and environmental conservation, with a minimum of 10 years professional experience, at least five years of which should be in a senior management position.
• Demonstrated success in fundraising, experience with donor/aid agencies and managing multiple donor budgets; experience in budgeting and budget control, and capacity to manage human and financial resources.
• Proven excellent leadership and interpersonal skills, diplomatic and negotiation skills. Remuneration:
Attractive and negotiable. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Application should include:
• a cover letter
• a-one page personal profile,
• a full CV, and
• a-two page vision statement for natural resource conservation in Ghana.
Interested qualified persons should refer to www.ghanawildlifesociety.org
for detailed job description. Applications should be addressed to: The Ghana Wildlife Society, P. O. Box 13252 Accra,
and emailed to:- [email protected] Closing Date:
21 October, 2013