Finance & Adm Officer DEPARTMENT:
Finance/Accounts REPORTS TO:
General Manager / CEO RESPONSIBLE FOR:
Office Assistants, Front Desk, Drivers, Cashiers etc OBJECTIVES
• To document all financial transactions and prepare prudential returns and management accounting reports to management and outside financial information users in line with Company’s strategic policies/ plan.
• To ensure all HR issues and other Admin functions are carried out efficiently for smooth running of business. KEY RESULT AREAS
• Preparation of Financial Statements of Company
• Cost Control and / Budget management
• Preparation of prudential returns and management accounting reports
• Customer service / Relationship management
• Human Resource and performance management FINANCE FUNCTIONS
• Undertaking general accounting duties such as:
• Bank Reconciliation
• Raising and preparing receipt and payment vouchers
• Monitoring of Company’s daily transactions
• Weekly updates of Company’s cash balance
• Writing of cheques and coding
• Payroll administration, including preparation of pay-in-slips
• Ensuring the settlement of Company’s financial liabilities on due dates.
• Follow up and monitor of post-dated cheques and ensure they are paid promptly.
• Administration of Investors / susu funds, as well as daily / weekly deposits.
• Preparation of monthly, periodic and year-end management accounts.
• Maintenance of petty cash, asset register and assets of the company.
• Preparation of accounts to at least trial balance. ADMINISTRATIVE FUNCTIONS
• Assisting in the development and implementation of administrative rules for the Company.
• Responsible for, in consultation with heads of departments and CEO, the preparation and implementation of staff annual leave schedule.
• Responsible for compilation of staff half year and annual assessment
• Responsible for, in consultation with the CEO, the development of staff training programs and their implementation.
• Responsible for the management and performance contract of any third-party company for any service provision.
• Liaise with heads of department on job descriptions and assessment of manpower deficiencies to ensure staffing levels are maintained.
• Ensure that company adheres to health and safety policies as spelt out in the Labour Act 2003, Act 651.
• Responsible for the creation and maintenance of personal files for all staff.
• Maintenance of up to date filing system for all issues pertaining to the Office
• Management of a Office registry – mails, documents tracking etc
• Responsible for all office procurement with the approval of the CEO or his/her representative.
• Ensure prompt payment of all utility bills i.e. Telephone, Water, Electricity
• Responsible for the daily task schedules of all support staff. (Office assistants, driver, dispatch rider, front desk, etc).
• Preparation of annual budget for the department Qualification Required & Experience Knowledge and skills includes
• First degree in Business Administration (Accounting Option), B.Comm or any relevant degree and or part qualified membership of a recognized Professional body i.e ACCA, ICA, CIMA etc with three (3) years post qualification relevant experience. Work-based competencies;
• Knowledge of Labour Act, 2003 Act 651 and other relevant legislation on labour
• Knowledge of IFRS / GAAP etc reporting procedures
• Knowledge of SSNIT / Income Tax / VAT etc deductions regimes.
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Computer literacy skills Behavioural Competencies
• Ability to promote team work
• Exhibition of high sense of integrity
• High level of commitment and professionalism
• High level of maturity Location:
Tarkwa How To Apply For The Job
Qualified candidates should send their resumes to: [email protected] Closing Date:
31 December, 2013